Edit an active automated email series

DanaB8
Rookie
0 Votes

I plan on having several communications -- but I have not drafted every email yet.  So I'd like to be able to append to the end of the campaign.  

Is the only way to add new emails to a campaign to copy the series and start over?      That seems to prevent anyone already in the current series from receiving my newly added emails.   I can see this getting really messy if I can't figure out an alternative.

I'm sure I cannot be the only one who needs multiple emails but don't have the all ready to go right away

Am I missing something?

2 REPLIES 2
Zoe_H
Employee
0 Votes

Hello @DanaB8,

Yes, that is the only way to add additional emails to an automated series, is if you copy the active one. You can instead create an automated series that has enough templates in it that may not be edited completely. You can then activate the series and edit the future templates whenever you would like while the ones that are finished are sending to people in the queue. You will want to make sure you edit the unfinished templates in the series before people reach the queue to receive them. Thanks! 

Zoe H.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
DanaB8
Rookie
0 Votes

I really hope that this "feature" is added in the near future.   It seems like such a necessary feature.  

Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST