Editing a CC template

DanielleK527
Campaign Contributor
0 Votes

Hello, I created an email campaign with a Constant Contact template. I changed the feature layout background in the Design tab, but it is not reflecting that change in the body of the email. Whenever I add an Article with a Border block, for instance, it has the background color from the template, not the color I chose. Please help! Thank you.

Top Answer
William_A
Administrator

Was this originally a pre-built campaign? Some unique blocks will have very limited formatting options, such as its border, inner background, etc. due to their unique coding. 

4 REPLIES 4
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @DanielleK527 ,

Article with Border layout will always have a white fill-in, with the rest of the inner background to its sides being able to have colors changed. To use a block with its background color changed by the Feature Layout design tab coloring, your options would be any with the blue shading: Section Heading, Feature Article, Split Column Feature, Left Column Sidebar, or Right Column Sidebar. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
DanielleK527
Campaign Contributor
0 Votes

Thank you for the assistance William. I get what you're saying but it isn't working for me. Below are screenshots of what I'm working with. I am trying to change the red portion to blue, but have been unsuccessful. The original template's Inner Background and Feature Layout Background were both red. Although I've switched to blue in the Design tab, I cannot change the background of that block. If I try to recreate the block and insert the Article with Border block, it shows up red. I do not know how to recreate the beveled edge of the border around the red block, so I assumed this was a hard code from CC and maybe I can't change the background color? I would really like to. I do know it is not a picture b/c I can edit the text and spacing within the red portion. Any further help is appreciated.  Thank you!

Screenshot 2022-12-28 150055.jpgScreenshot 2022-12-28 150423.jpg

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Was this originally a pre-built campaign? Some unique blocks will have very limited formatting options, such as its border, inner background, etc. due to their unique coding. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
DanielleK527
Campaign Contributor
0 Votes

Yes, and your explanation is what I was afraid of. I had hoped that color block would be editable and maybe I just wasn't figuring it out.

Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST