Editing the preheader

SOLVED
Go to solution
VernonT50
Rookie
0 Votes

How do you remove a line under the subject that shows up after email is sent.

It says "You don't want to miss this".

Some emails I do not want this on there.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @VernonT50 ,

It sounds like you're talking about the Preheader of your email's header section (where you can change the from name, from / reply to emails, and subject as well). Personally, I recommend not including one if your subject is already 5-7 words long, as it can be easily cut off by most email clients.

You can edit the preheader while working in the Draft version of your email.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @VernonT50 ,

It sounds like you're talking about the Preheader of your email's header section (where you can change the from name, from / reply to emails, and subject as well). Personally, I recommend not including one if your subject is already 5-7 words long, as it can be easily cut off by most email clients.

You can edit the preheader while working in the Draft version of your email.

William A
VernonT50
Rookie
0 Votes

Thank you.

Macland
Campaign Contributor

I have this same problem.  I want the Preheader removed and never on my emails.  Is there a way to do this?  I have found that in the APP when I need to send an email when I am not at my computer, the preheader always shows up, and most of the time, the preheader message is not appropriate for my message.

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

At this time you'd need to edit the preheader through the main website.

William A
CFSAC
Rookie
0 Votes

I'm sorry if this is a silly question. By editing the preheader text, can I just delete it? Would that remove it from the emails for good?

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @CFSAC ,

You can edit an email's preheader in the email builder, as well as on the scheduling page, which includes simply not having text since it's an optional part of the header elements.

Any copies you make of an email will include the same header setup - including preheader, or lack thereof. If you don't want to edit your preheader each time, copy from a previously sent email / master template that you've already setup to not have one.

William A
EvanR36
Campaign Collaborator
0 Votes

This happens for us as well.

The Preheader is totally inappropriate for emergencies, death notices and other sensitive topics that we send out to our membership.

We need a way to edit from the app!

If we could set the default preheader or just disable the preheader for the whole acocunt that would be helpful as well.

(For now I've created an email in desktop browser without the Preheader that we can copy and reuse)

Zoe_H
Employee
0 Votes

Hello @EvanR36,

Thank you for your feedback! At this time, you will need to edit the preheader through the main website. We will update you if anything changes! Thanks. 

Zoe H.

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST