Email Links Showing as Invalid (but they're not)

CIDInsurance
Marketing Legend

I've included a photo below so you can visually see what I'm referring to.

When I try to get a line of text or button to link to an email address with another email copied, it's saying the email is invalid.

It will only let me use one simple email address.

I've added a copied email on practically all of my emails sent out through Constant Contact in the past. I've even double-checked the article in the Knowledge Base for any potential changes after the most recent update, but there were none.

Not sure why this has become an issue now when it always worked previously.

I hid the emails in the picture for privacy concerns, but they are spelled correctly, no mistakes there.

Any advice on how to fix this?

Capture.PNG

7 REPLIES 7
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @CIDInsurance ,

Are you still having issues with this? When I previewed and test-sent your draft email with this link, it prompted as expected with the To: and cc:, and showing and creating a new email properly. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
CIDInsurance
Marketing Legend
0 Votes

Hi William,

I just tried it again and I'm still having the same issue when I try to update any links with an email that contains a copied email.

mailto:name@domain.com?cc=othername@domain.com

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

I reached out to the higher level technical team, and we performed some additional tests. This does seem to be an issue that they've seen recently pop up specifically with the ?CC and ?BCC codings, so our engineers are still gathering info on it. If and when they have an update on this issue, you'll be notified directly.

In the meantime, the best workaround would be to put a similar mailto: setup through a URL shortener, such as bit.ly or tinyurl. Then you can insert that shortened URL into your email as a webpage link, rather than a mailto: link. It should have the exact same functionality, populating whatever you list for the To: name, CC, subject, etc. in the clicker's email program.

William A
CIDInsurance
Marketing Legend
0 Votes

Thank you, I will try your workaround in the mean time. I appreciate your fast responses.

CIDInsurance
Marketing Legend
0 Votes

Hi William,

Do you have an update on when this issue will be fixed? It's been kind of a pain setting everything up through a URL shortener.

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

As the issue is already tracked to your account, if and when the devs have an update they'll notify you directly.

William A
RodephShalom
Rookie
0 Votes

I am having this same issue with CC or BCC in mailto: links with Constant Contact. I had no problems until the templates I am using were automatically switched over to the CPE this week. Is there any new information or a solution that doesn't involve a bit.ly workaround?

Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Apr 3
Getting Started with the Constant Contact Community
2PM - 2:30 PM EST