Email Newsletter links NOT seamless with Android devices

SOLVED
Go to solution
SallyK492
Rookie
0 Votes

I’m producing these quarterly e-newsletters for our community, and the majority of residents here are over 60 years old ... so I have some technology-knowledge issues! The newsletter/home page shows a blurb, then the reader taps a ‘READ MORE’ that goes to a PDF, which is the article. To return to the newsletter, a reader taps either the < or ‘Mail’ on Apple devices. The process is seamless with Apple devices, but NOT SO with Samsung. And the Android people have complained. Any suggestions on how I can change anything so that the Androids do better with my process? Like perhaps it’s the PDFs that Androids don’t like? 🤷‍♀️

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @SallyK492 ,

The little back to original app option on iPhone is, as far as I've seen, just how iPhone works. Android doesn't have this option unfortunately, but generally has a pretty easily accessible window switch / close function through home buttons, sliding up from the very bottom of the screen, etc. This may depend on the Android device model as well, however, so there isn't any universal rule or advice I can provide.

Ultimately there's nothing that can really be done from your end or ours. This would come down to just how Androids function.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @SallyK492 ,

The little back to original app option on iPhone is, as far as I've seen, just how iPhone works. Android doesn't have this option unfortunately, but generally has a pretty easily accessible window switch / close function through home buttons, sliding up from the very bottom of the screen, etc. This may depend on the Android device model as well, however, so there isn't any universal rule or advice I can provide.

Ultimately there's nothing that can really be done from your end or ours. This would come down to just how Androids function.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
May 01
Constant Contact Community Walkthrough and Demo
2PM - 3:00 PM EST