Email Tracking -

SOLVED
Go to solution
ptatum
Rookie
0 Votes

I copy myself on emails with three different email addresses to make sure my campaigns are being sent. The campaign details show that I opened my personal email on another device when I have neither opened it, forwarded or have other devices outside of my cell phone that I use.  The report also shows emails from certain addresses that are opened immediately with all the links clicked which I know that is impossible for all of the links to be clicked at the same precise time. This makes me question the validity of the reports.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Zoe_H
Employee
0 Votes

Hello @ptatum,

Apple Mail Privacy Protection is a new feature that released to iOS 15, iPad OS 15, MacOS Monterey and watchOS8 on September 20, 2021. In the Apple Mail App, Mail Privacy Protection will proxy the downloading of the invisible pixel embedded into the message by our servers to record open data. When this feature is on, Apple Mail will automatically trigger the Open tracking pixel, even if the contact didn't actually open the email. 

Constant Contact's technical team is analyzing our current capabilities, and we are committed to providing reports that are accurate and timely, without compromising user security and privacy. In the meantime, we recommend including clickable links and a call-to-action in your emails. Read More links can be especially valuable to drive traffic and boost engagement.

Zoe H.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Zoe_H
Employee
0 Votes

Hello @ptatum,

Apple Mail Privacy Protection is a new feature that released to iOS 15, iPad OS 15, MacOS Monterey and watchOS8 on September 20, 2021. In the Apple Mail App, Mail Privacy Protection will proxy the downloading of the invisible pixel embedded into the message by our servers to record open data. When this feature is on, Apple Mail will automatically trigger the Open tracking pixel, even if the contact didn't actually open the email. 

Constant Contact's technical team is analyzing our current capabilities, and we are committed to providing reports that are accurate and timely, without compromising user security and privacy. In the meantime, we recommend including clickable links and a call-to-action in your emails. Read More links can be especially valuable to drive traffic and boost engagement.

Zoe H.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Apr 23
Community Conversations: SMS Marketing - Activate, Regulate, Communicate!
2PM - 3:00 PM EST