Email Verification

SOLVED
Go to solution
user417128
Rookie
0 Votes

Hello , 

My question is that I have a signup form in our website and I need to send an verification email to the user, how can I make this 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @user417128 ,

As a way to "verify" a signup / contact addition, you'd likely want to use Confirm Opt-In (COI), sometimes referred to as Double Opt-In. Once you've enabled advanced permissions in your My Account settings, you can setup your COI email that will send to new signees. While required to email in some places, it's also a useful additional method for mitigating spam signups, spam reports, mistaken signups, and low-engagement contacts.

See also:

Send Reconfirm Opt-In to Existing Contacts

Awaiting Permission Contacts

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @user417128 ,

As a way to "verify" a signup / contact addition, you'd likely want to use Confirm Opt-In (COI), sometimes referred to as Double Opt-In. Once you've enabled advanced permissions in your My Account settings, you can setup your COI email that will send to new signees. While required to email in some places, it's also a useful additional method for mitigating spam signups, spam reports, mistaken signups, and low-engagement contacts.

See also:

Send Reconfirm Opt-In to Existing Contacts

Awaiting Permission Contacts

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Apr 23
Community Conversations: SMS Marketing - Activate, Regulate, Communicate!
2PM - 3:00 PM EST