Email errors - 3rd Generation Editor

Highlighted
Established Member

Email errors - 3rd Generation Editor

I used the new editor for the first time and my email campaign "Recreation Update - March 2018" came out with many errors. There were extra gray lines that don't show up in the test or mobile version. The font changed on the body text in 2 of my articles. The line spacing was off in many of the paragraphs. The inability to create a table caused me to do an extra step and make it in another program and upload a jpg of the table. Also, I can't seem to edit the HTML anymore to fix errors in the spacing, fonts, etc. I did like the functionality of the drag and drop, resize images. More options would be helpful. I would appreciate any feedback or help with the errors. constantcontactemail1.jpgconstantcontactemail2.jpg

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
CTCT Employee

Re: Email errors - 3rd Generation Editor

Hello @BVVPOA,

Thank you for reaching out about the issues you're seeing with the new editor! I've taken a look at your campaign and would be more than happy to go over all of your concerns:

1. The lines- This is a known issue that many Outlook 2016 and Office 365 users are experiencing across all email platforms, not just ours. I have notated your account so that you will be notified when Outlook resolves this. In the meantime, I wanted to explain what is happening. Outlook is actually pulling through the grey background color in random places. A way to avoid this is to make your background the same color as the body of your email.

2. Font changing- When I looked at your email, I actually see that you have your Tai Chi and The Beach blocks set as Calibri instead of Arial, which is what you have everywhere else. Since Calibri isn't one of the default choices, some email clients may change that to a different font type such as Arial, Times New Roman, etc. This isn't unique to the new editor, but is unique to the receiving email client. 

3. Tables and HTML access- Because our new editor is entirely mobile responsive, there had to be a few changes. I will definitely let our developers know that you're looking for these features though! 

If you have any additional questions or concerns, please let us know.

Amber_L
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Constant Contact Would Like To Hear From You!

We want to hear from customers like you about your favorite features and how they have helped your business or organization. Tell us by answering a few questions in...

Read More
Featured