Email footer displays html code ' instead of ' (apostrophe)

NicolasMazI
Campaign Collaborator
0 Votes

Receiving a Constant Contact email in Outlook displays the html code of an apostrophe (') instead of the actual apostrophe in the email footer. For example...

Linda Z's Sewing Center | 1216 E Central Rd, Arlington Heights, IL 60005

Can this be fixed?

7 REPLIES 7
Frankie_P
0 Votes

Hi @NicolasMazI 

Although you were able to speak with our Chat Support about this as well, I wanted to make sure our response was shared here as well. Seeing this line of HTML code in your footer is a defect we have seen with users using Outlook. It is an experience we are continuing to look into and troubleshoot. In fact there is an open ticket in your account with our upper level of support. One of these agents will contact you directly with any further updates.

Frankie.P
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
amfirst
Rookie
0 Votes

Any updates on this? Still experiencing this issue, as well.

NicolasMazI
Campaign Collaborator
0 Votes

This was fixed through a phone call to customer service and they created a ticket.

Did they only fix this on your account? It's not fixed platform-wide because we are still having this issue.

Thank you

MarcoC041
Rookie

This is an issue for me as well. Our organization uses an apostrophe in its name. I don't want to have to remove the apostrophe as a work-around but the "&apos" characters appear if I leave it in. I would appreciate a fix.

HeatherM485
Rookie
0 Votes

Has there been any resolution to this issue? Our organization is having the same problem. 

-Mary Lee's House | 2806 N. Armenia Ave., Tampa, FL 33607

NicolasMazI
Campaign Collaborator
0 Votes

This was fixed through a phone call to customer service and they created a ticket.

Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST