Email issues this morning (12/13/2020)

KellyZ84
Participant

Email issues this morning (12/13/2020)

Many of my subscribers to my church email who normally receive it without issues reported not receiving the email this morning. I also notice that my "open rate' is significantly below what it usually is on a Sunday. But the pattern is inconsistent. Many people received it fine. Just wondering if there was a systemwide issue this morning?

4 REPLIES 4
Zoe_H
Employee

Hello @KellyZ84,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community! We currently are not having any issues with delivery today. Please double check and see if your email is in anyone's spam or junk folder. You may also have to self-authenticate to make sure your emails get delivered.  

Zoe H.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
OakmontChurch
Occasional Participant

Hi, Zoe!  

I just read this post as I seek help for this, and I'm having issues as well.  My church sent out emails over the past few days (I've been receiving emails from them for years), and many of us had our most recent emails go into spam.  I thought that maybe it was something that was going on with our church's account.  But I also use Constant Contact for some of my clients, and a number of our newsletters that we sent out this morning also went into spam as well (mine included).  This is the first week it's happened and with two different organizations at the same time.  Do you know of a setting that could have been switched or something by both organizations that they can switch back? 🙂  Or an update by Constant Contact?  We just want to know how to fix this since, especially during this holiday season, many emails are being sent.  Thank you for any guidance you can offer!

Does your organization use Gsuite or are the majority of email addresses having the delivery issues Gmail addresses? There was a storage update issue with Google that occurred late Dec 13, and had rolling issues throughout the 14th and 15th - resulting in some of our customers getting higher than normal non-existent and suspended bounces. Our engineers are working on the issue regarding Gmail's deliverability, and the resulting suspended bounces.

If your deliverability issues don't seem connected to Gmail, then it may be worth reaching out to the Deliverability team to see if they have any additional insight they can provide.

William D
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
OakmontChurch
Occasional Participant

Thanks! 

Some of the email addresses are Gmail, but the issue is not solely with those types.  If it happens again next week, I'll reach out to the Deliverability Team.  Thank you so much!