Email's preview shows mobile one way, iphone totally different. What' s the purpose of preview?

Regular Participant

Email's preview shows mobile one way, iphone totally different. What' s the purpose of preview?

9 REPLIES 9
Regular Participant

This is really important, I think in all accounts. I read one reply that was CC was working on it. But what the heck is the $10 a month they want to charge you for how email looks in the receiver's inbox. If you can't get preview on desktop/mobile right for free, what are you paying $10 for?

Hi @MaryO04 

Thank you for reaching out to the Community about your emails! What are you seeing display differently? Our preview tool allows you to see what your email content will generally look like to a specific contact, in a desktop view, and on a mobile device before sending. But we have seen cases where displays may appear caused by the email clients itself. These cases are not something all users experience and are troubleshooted on a case by case basis.

As for the $10 charge you mentioned, this is an add-on Inbox Preview service we offer. It allows users to scroll through versions of their email on an iPhone, an Android device, an iPad, in Outlook, and in Gmail. Having this feature be free is great feedback we have submitted to the appropriate teams on your behalf. I apologize at this time it does however come at the charge mentioned.

Frankie.P
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Regular Participant

I have an email (Peter040620Bmktupdate) with 2 columns. On mobile devices, I want the copy in the right-hand column to go under the images to the left of the copy. Your preview window shows that's how it will work. HOWEVER I send a test email and the email has images to the left/copy to the right. 

Regular Participant

And I don't understand why I would pay $10 more PER MONTH, when you can't even get the simple preview to work

Hi @MaryO04 

These details definitely helped to understand what you're experiencing. Based on your description it sounds like the display changes you're seeing is actually mobile responsiveness. What model of iPhone and version of iOS are you using? More importantly, what email client are you viewing your email through? We have seen cases where emails are not mobile responsive specifically in the Outlook Mobile App for iPhones. The workarounds we suggest for this is to view the email campaign in a different mobile mail client such as the native mail app or the Gmail app, or to insert a View As Webpage link. These links allow you to view an unedited version of your email in a browser.

Frankie.P

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Regular Participant

I've read your response. Basically preview email DOESNOT WORK!!! Ur telling me to pay $10 a month but it's not clear why that would work.

Regular Participant

Still waiting for an answer. Please don't send anymore emails saying you appreciate my customer feedback so you'll give me $75 if I refer to someone. I would like an answer instead

Regular Participant

So preview doesn't work (I look to see how it's going to look on MY iPhone, and it doesn't look like that on my iPhone). I can't see paying $10 a month for a service that you don't have working on the free end, but you should have available AND working on what I currently pay. 

Another words why would I pay $10 a month for something that doesn't work

Hi @MaryO04 

This inbox preview tool is not a feature that is mandatory to add onto your account. There is a free preview and test option available in your account. But if you are continuing to see changes in your email, we can continue to look into it if you can please provide us the information we previously requested in this thread.

Frankie.P