Emailing an Old database

SOLVED
Go to solution
ChristyF88
Rookie
0 Votes

I work for a company that has a database from years ago. We are new in the marketing area so we are sending out an email saying welcome back. I am not sure how many emails are still in use. Do I have to let constant contact know about this so we are not flagged? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @ChristyF88 ,

Based on what you're describing, the safest methodology would be to re-confirm their permissions. To do this, you'll want to setup your confirm-opt in emails through the My Account page. From there, you can send out a reconfirmation email to all of your contacts. Contacts will receive the email, click the link, and be able to reconfirm that they've given you permission to email them.

Otherwise, I'd advise speaking with our Review team to see what they'd recommend for approaching this. If all of your contacts are still active clients of your organization, you may not need to worry about the extra precautions. However it'd still be best to confirm that with Review to ensure you're being fully compliant with your contacts' permissions.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @ChristyF88 ,

Based on what you're describing, the safest methodology would be to re-confirm their permissions. To do this, you'll want to setup your confirm-opt in emails through the My Account page. From there, you can send out a reconfirmation email to all of your contacts. Contacts will receive the email, click the link, and be able to reconfirm that they've given you permission to email them.

Otherwise, I'd advise speaking with our Review team to see what they'd recommend for approaching this. If all of your contacts are still active clients of your organization, you may not need to worry about the extra precautions. However it'd still be best to confirm that with Review to ensure you're being fully compliant with your contacts' permissions.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST