Emails didn't upload to list

NataleeH
Participant

Emails didn't upload to list

I uploaded over 150 contacts to a list so that I could send out timely event information by email. Approaching the event start today I got a flood of emails from people who did not receive the participant link. I come to find that of the 180+ people who show on my list, only 95 emails went out. What happened? This was a big important event and I'm frantically sending apology emails and sending out the links again to more than half the people who didn't get the link to join.

3 REPLIES 3
Zoe_H
Employee

Hello @NataleeH,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community! I do apologize for any inconvenience this has caused. Please check the permission status of the emails you tried to send too. They may not have any permissions set. Select this helpful article here to see where you find that information and update it. Thanks! 

Zoe H.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
NataleeH
Participant

So, when someone registers for an event, you cannot email them back more information about that event using the email system? That seems awfully bad policy. The "send participants an email" function is woefully unattractive and doesn't have anywhere near the capacity of the main email system for customizations.

Hello @NataleeH,

When your customers add themselves through the event that permission status sometimes does not change. If you have a lot of addresses under "No Permissions Set" that you don't want to spend a long time updating so you can email them, I recommend sending us an email to social_support(at)constantcontact(dot)com that has an attachment of all the email addresses you need to be updated to a permission set status. Please export this list and attach it to your email along with your username and a reference to this post and we will assist you with this process. Thank you! 

Zoe H.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.