We all started somewhere! Share your experience on the Get Advice: Let's Get Started Sweepstakes thread and be entered to win a $100 credit on your Constant Contact account.

Emails not landing in Outlook inbox since May 19/20 Office 365 security update

KenB05797
Consulting & Training

Emails not landing in Outlook inbox since May 19/20 Office 365 security update

I'm told a recent O365 update has blocked Constant Contact emails from landing in Outlook inboxes.  My last campaign went from a 55% open rate to a 12% open rate. Tech support tells me they are aware of the issue but don't have a solution. This is an update on the O365/Outlook end that affects the ability of an email landing in the inbox.  Some are getting through to Spam/Junk but most show up as delivered but never arrived.  What is being done on this?  If there is no solution in sight I'm going to need to move to a different ESP.

2 REPLIES 2
William_D

Hello @KenB05797 ,

Here are some general best practices for deliverability.

Deliverability can have a lot of variables, from elements on our side, on your side, on the recipient's side, and in their email system company's side. It's also a generally good idea to set up additional authentication for your emails - particularly self-authentication since you have your own domain.

If you'd like to learn more about safelisting, and what it entails:

Safelisting domains in a security system

Safelisting email addresses in an email client or security system

If you're wanting more in-depth, specialized insight on your current deliverability, it'd be worth speaking with one of our Deliverability agents, like the chat agent you spoke with suggested.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William D
Community & Social Media Support
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
KenB05797
Consulting & Training

This did not answer my question and a conversation with a Delivery Agent left me with the distinct impression there was nothing you could do to resolve the O365/Outlook Security issue. I'm exploring a different email client to replace Constant Contact.