Embedding a video

Cobalt
Participant

Embedding a video

When I paste my video's url into the box, I get a message that says "Video found but had no thumbnail. Please try again later."

Please advise as to what this means.

1 REPLY 1
William_D

Hello @Cobalt ,

Taking a look at your email, the link you're inserting appears to be an account link, rather than the actual URL of the video. If you go the video's share options, they should have a URL available for copying and pasting. Vimeo video links typically look like " https://vimeo.com/ " followed by a string of random numbers and/or letters. If the link contains "user" in it, then that's likely a link to your account, which would mean that plugging it into a video block won't allow Vimeo to communicate the thumbnail you wish to include.

Beyond that, that messaging can also occur if the video link you're trying to put into the video block is either unlisted or private. In that case, you'll want to make sure the link is public to make sure the thumbnail can be displayed through the video block.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William D
Community & Social Media Support
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.