Embedding an attachment into the registration page or confirmation page

NikkiB60508
Occasional Participant

Embedding an attachment into the registration page or confirmation page

The state of Nevada just passed a law requiring all volunteers on school campuses to acknowledge having read an Abuse Reporting Guidelines sheet - it's a full sheet of copy. It would be great if we could embed the document within the registration page via a link to it in the media library and then have the volunteers simply acknowledge via a radial box that they have read it. It's too long to type up within the body but volunteers have to have the opportunity to read it in full and we're required to present it in full.

In addition, it would be great if registrants had the opportunity to print it from within the registration or confirmation page because I foresee schools wanting to collect signed copies of these documents in the very near future.

I guess at the very least, it would be nice if we could somehow attach the document within the confirmation email. Maybe then ask the volunteer to bring it with them to the event, already reviewed and signed.

We're trying to be proactive because this extra paperwork challenge is going to be very difficult to manage on a regular basis given the number of volunteers we work every week on school campuses. Our preference would be if we could just incorporate this into our regular volunteer registration process in CC.

Does anyone have any suggestions on this?

Nikki Berti

1 REPLY 1
Caitlin_M
Administrator

Hello @NikkiB60508. Thanks for coming into the Community! I see that you spoke with our Support team last week and they were able to let you know that you can link to a document that has been uploaded to your library on the landing page and an event invitation. The event registration form has some limited editing capabilities and we would not be able to make the link clickable on this page for your volunteers to download. 

Something you can do, however, is to include a link to the document in the confirmation email that is sent to those who register. You are able to include some simple HTML that will allow registrants to click on a link that will allow them to download or save the document. Here is a screenshot of how to insert this link using HTML:

confirmationemaileventlink.png

Hope that this helps!

Caitlin M.
Community Manager
Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.