Embedding videos from Vimeo

RichardA101
Occasional Participant

Embedding videos from Vimeo

I am trying to insert a video from my Vimeo account directly. What I get when I put in the URL it defaults to my Vimeo account. I would like to have the video play with out all the Video account information coming up.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

RJ

4 REPLIES 4
RichardA101
Occasional Participant

I am trying to insert a video from my Vimeo account directly. What I get when I put in the URL it defaults to my Vimeo account. I would like to have the video play with out all the Video account information coming up.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

RJ

Zoe_H
Employee

Hello @RichardA101,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community! At this time, when you insert your video URLs into the email it will always direct your customers to Vimeo when they select it. I do apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and would be more than happy to submit your feedback on this! Thank you. 

Zoe H.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
RichardA101
Occasional Participant

How do I embed a video into an email that I ma creating and not have it go to my Vimeo account? Is there another video hosting platform I can use? Can I us a dropbox URL directing my reader to the video?

Thanks

R

One thing to keep in mind is that you, as the Vimeo video's uploader and owner, may have a different view of the video UI compared to the contacts that access it. Vimeo should also have explicit share links for your videos, which are either pulled through the built-in integration, or from within your Vimeo video's share link options.

The video action block available to insert into emails is able to pull YouTube or Vimeo links. If you wish to use a different platform (such as Dropbox as you mentioned), you can attach that share link anywhere you'd normally be able to put a link (i.e. image, text, or button).

William D
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.