We all started somewhere! Share your experience on the Get Advice: Let's Get Started Sweepstakes thread and be entered to win a $100 credit on your Constant Contact account.

Error reporting when posting to Facebook

TomD0625
Occasional Participant

Error reporting when posting to Facebook

Starting on September 22nd, every Facebook post reports an error in the campaign details - "There was an error creating your post." Strange thing is, the posts are actually successful.

The end result is that my campaign lists (and calendar view) are filled with red flags informing me of a non-existent problem.

I've deleted and re-created my Facebook account - no change.

The same issue was occurring on September 5-7, with my Instagram account, but the error messages mysteriously stopped. Until the 22nd.

Any thoughts?

3 REPLIES 3
Zoe_H
Employee

Hello @TomD0625,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community! I do apologize for the experience you have had. We have received other reports of this happening as well and are currently doing research with Facebook on how to get this resolved. Can you please reply back with a link to the post? Thank you. 

Zoe H.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
TomD0625
Occasional Participant

Hello @TomD0625 ,

Thank you for providing those example links for your account's side and the FB side. We've updated your case with the engineers so that they'll have more to review and look through. If and when they have an update to this issue, they'll make sure to reach out.

At this time, there's no hard ETA on a fix since this has become an industry-wide issue with Facebook's changing 3rd party permissions and API updates. Our devs are working with FB and other companies to see what can be done to ensure everything runs smoothly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William D
Community & Social Media Support
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.