Event Registration Error: we´ve experienced an error processing your request ??

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Event Registration Error: we´ve experienced an error processing your request ??

Hi !!  any help about why i am getting this error : 

We're sorry but we've experienced an error processing your request.
Please contact the event Organizer.

It happens when my  guests finish filling the form for registration 

Captura de pantalla 2015-07-23 a la(s) 22.31.19.png
13 REPLIES 13
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Re: Event Registration Error: we´ve experienced an error processing your request ??

i Think i got  ;  some of the information listed  in  the payment options  is in spanish with accents  i think the form is having problems with the accents in spanish i tool them of  and is working now 

Highlighted
CTCT Employee

Re: Event Registration Error: we´ve experienced an error processing your request ??

Hi @DanielC410

I am glad that you were able to figure this out and thanks for letting us know about this.  I would like to report this issue to our engineers to investigate.  Would you be able to tell me what characters you had that were causing the issue?  And were these characters in the Registration form questions or were they characters that the registrant was filling in (i.e. their name had a character with an accent mark on it).  Any information that you have would be helpful.  

If any of the information that you wish to pass along to us is private (i.e. email addresses, phone numbers, etc.) you can email it to our team at social_support(at)constantcontact(dot)com with a reference to this post, the username on the account, and the event you are working in. 

Thanks, 

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Hi , so i have been doing some experiments ,  i organize events in Cancun Mexico and Cuernavaca Mexico so i have people using accents in names as María ( Maria )  or  José  ( Jose )  so this is whats going on : 

1.- When creating an event you cannot use accents in the payment options ,  if you use accents in the title of the event its ok like  lets  say International Seminar  will be :  Seminário  Internacional  ,  thats  ok if its in the title  ,  but if you use them in the payment options  or some other thing that is going to go directly to the Data  the sistem crashes  and say  " We've experienced an error processing your request " .  

2.- When people sign in  to the event  and fill their information  some times they use accents  like   José  Gonzales   when this happens the system goes ok  but  in my control  panel  when i check the list of assitants  i get the  error  character  /?  so i  see  something  like  :   "  Jos/? Gonzales just signed in "    

This is the problem , so far is working people are paying and sining  in but  its a little unconfortable to see your member list like   Jos/?   or  Mar/?a  . 

I have setted up my preferences as Spanish but still . 

It would be nice if someone can fix this . 

Highlighted
Occasional Participant

Hi,

I am also having the same issue as this user but, all the fields in my form are in English.

I have tried opening and closing registration to refresh the form, editing the registration form fields and opening the form in both Chrome and Firefox, nothing has worked.

Please advise further.

Thanks!!!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Hi @Caribbean_Procurement

Are you finding the difficulty is when registrants are adding their information with accents in their names? When are you seeing this error display? I was able to open up your registration form without trouble on my end here.

Thanks in advance!

Highlighted
Occasional Participant

Hello,

Opening and filling the registration form works well. The error is reeived when trying to submit the form ""Register"

My registration forms are being populated with only english characters, no accents or spanish punctuation marks.

I just tried to submit a completed registration form, only english characters and no -, /, & marks and received the same error again.

Please help.

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

The system has problems with special characters , so anything like an accent or a "; " or "&" will create the form error try looking at your event carefully to find out where are you ussing characters like that and remove them , thats what worked for me , this a solution mean while we wait for the tech team to fix it

Occasional Participant

Hi, 

Thanks for the tip.

I tried to fill the form again with no characters and in english, still received the same error message when I try to register/ submit the form.

Any other suggestions would be welcomed.

Much Appreciated.

Highlighted
CTCT Employee

Hello @Caribbean_Procurement

I would like to test this further within your account.  Can you tell me what event you get this error on please?  Also, do I have your permission to test the registration?  This could result in adding registrants to your event, so if you have a registration limit, it could be affected.  The registrants will be cancelled after testing, however it will still be seen within the reporting of the event. 

Constant Contact Would Like To Hear From You!

We want to hear from customers like you about your favorite features and how they have helped your business or organization. Tell us by answering a few questions in...

Read More
Featured