Event Won't Delete and Can't Be Found

Highlighted
Occasional Organizer

Event Won't Delete and Can't Be Found

PLEASE HELP! Constant Contact is unable to help, so I'm hoping someone more knowledgeable will read this!!!

About 4 years ago I created an event through Constant Contact (CC). I canceled my CC account some time later and life went on. I recently received a call from a customer saying they found me from the event page. That's when I realized the page was still up. When I went to delete it there wasn't anything in my account listed. I proceeded to call CC and they were unable to find it either. They said it was a shadow post, whatever that means.

The reason for deletion is because I changed my business name 3 years ago. Although, the phone number is the same, someone is now using my old business name, which is listed on my event page AND they're also in the same industry. It has my phone number, but if they don't call right away and look up the company name listed on page, they're being directed towards the other business; Now I'm losing business. Any and all suggestions are welcome.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Tags (4)
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: Event Won't Delete and Can't Be Found

Hi @PeterB8622 

Thank you for bringing this to our attention! I apologize this was the experience you've had with our Support. Our advanced level of support does have the ability to break Constant Contact links at the request of an account owner. For account security these requests do need to be made with our Support by phone. With that said, we do want to make sure you’re assisted. If you can please email us directly at social_support(at)constantcontact(dot)com with a reference to this post and the URL of this event we would be happy to further look into this for you.

Frankie.P
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Constant Contact Would Like To Hear From You!

We want to hear from customers like you about your favorite features and how they have helped your business or organization. Tell us by answering a few questions in...

Read More
Featured