The Community is hosting an End of Summer sweepstakes! Participants must complete tasks to earn tickets that will enter them with a chance to win a free year of Constant Contact and other great prizes!*
*No Purchase Necessary. For Official Rules, visit here. Constant Contact’s End of Summer 2020 Sweepstakes ends on October, 20, 2020 at 11:50 PM EST.

Event actions/labels in Google Analytics

Highlighted

Event actions/labels in Google Analytics

Hi does anyone know what the labels/actions are called in Analytics? Especially for a paid event conversion?

I've already connected CC account with google analytics.

example - constant_contact_push

not sure what that one is?

Thanks!

Tags (2)
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: Event actions/labels in Google Analytics

Hi @KathleenC34762 

Thank you for reaching out to the Community! In the hopes to clarify your post, are you looking for assistance with using Google Analytics within one of our event campaigns? Have you already applied Google Analytics to the event and don't understand what you’re seeing on the Google Analytics end? Or are you just looking for some general info on the variables? This is an important clarification to have as we don't have insight in how it's used outside of our system. But the good news is you can set up Google Analytics for our event campaigns! Doing so will let you see where the traffic is coming from that comes to the event, if anyone gets stuck at a certain point, and the registrants' geographical location. I apologize we do not have information would manifest in Google Analytics, since we don't have insight into that end of the process. If you have any further questions on Google Analytics in our event campaigns, please let us know! Details on this along with any screenshots you may have will allow us to reach out to our upper level of support for assistance.

Frankie.P
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Highlighted

Hi Frankie - thanks for your response. 

I've already connected Google Analytics to the event campaigns with the link you provided.

Now i'm just looking for some general info on the variables. Since my events are high ticket items, i don't get that much data, so i want to make sure i'm looking for the right variables (i want to create a goal conversion for all paid events, so i can run some Ads and track effectiveness)

Do you know what the event variable would be for a paid conversion?

Highlighted
Employee

Hello @KathleenC34762,

We have limited information on the exact functioning of third-party systems, like Google Analytics.  We obviously have connections to their systems, but for information on their variables you would need to go through their documentation.  The setup you're talking about is just outside of our ability to see or control I'm afraid, but I'm confident that you can find the information on the Google Analytics help pages.

Aaron_H
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Constant Contact 2020 End of Summer Community Sweepstakes!

The Constant Contact User Community is hosting a sweepstakes. The more you participate, the more chances you have to win! Read on to learn more...

Read More
Featured