Event campaign - option to decline?

SOLVED
Go to solution
TracyH975
Occasional Participant

Event campaign - option to decline?

Trying out the "Event" option for the first time for a corporate social event - I've used Eventbrite and RSVPify in the past - but since I'm always in CC and my contact lists are already there, I figured it would simplify the process.

My questions is, on the "Edit Registration Notifications" page, there is a section for "Decline Message" Edit the message registrants see while declining your event.  - HOWEVER, I see no way to set up how a registrant would decline/RSVP no. It doesn't appear the "custom question" feature would work for a decline response - as there is no way to apply logic to the custom question. (As in, if they select "Can't attend"...it triggers a decline response/skips the rest of the questions - guest, menu selection, etc)

Help???

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Timothy_G
Employee

Hello @TracyH975,

The option to decline/rsvp no is built into the invitation emails. It is a link just below the register link. Once the event is live, the invitation section becomes available to use.

Timothy_G
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Timothy_G
Employee

Hello @TracyH975,

The option to decline/rsvp no is built into the invitation emails. It is a link just below the register link. Once the event is live, the invitation section becomes available to use.

Timothy_G

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.

View solution in original post

TracyH975
Occasional Participant

Thanks for the speedy response @Timothy_G ! Sadly...when I went to make my event live to see how that functions, I received a pop-up saying I needed to pay for the event feature. LAME. Why in the world would CC let me create an event, ((SPEND TIME ON A GRAPHIC FOR THE EVENT)) ...without FIRST telling me the event is not included in my current plan? UGH.  Back to Eventbrite and RSVPify....WHICH DON'T CHARGE for event sign up pages. 

Hi @TracyH975 

I apologize for any inconvenience this process may have caused. You are correct, event campaigns are an email plus campaign. To use these events users will either have to upgrade to our Email Plus Plan or pay a one-time fee of $50 for the campaign. In this case however we have applied a one-time free plus campaign to your account as a courtesy. You can now activate your event campaign without any additional charges.

Frankie.P