Event cutoff date (see top answer)

SaveOurBeach
Marketing Legend
0 Votes

I'm trying to create an event for a year out - January 2022, as I have always done, but when I start to create the event and then chose the dates for the event, I am only provided with 2021 dates. Has something changed?No date change.jpg

Top Answer
William_A
Administrator

The devs have released the new event tool beta to all existing customers. Simply click Create in your account, and select Events (beta) to start creating one.

Capture.PNG

Any articles within the Knowledge Base related to the newer event tool will use this search tag eventsv2. This tag will help differentiate between articles related to the new system and retiring legacy system, and all legacy event-related articles have had their names updated accordingly to reflect that they refer to the legacy builder.

For guidance on converting legacy events into the newer event tool, please see the main article for legacy event reporting

To ensure the event system is given adequate development, testing, and deployment time - they've updated the current (eventually retiring) event system's registration cutoff.

The new cutoff is for March 31, 2024 - meaning events can have a start/finish date up till March 31, 2024. If you have any feedback regarding the new system, we encourage you to post it to the feedback boards for voting and direct Voice of Customer (VoC) submission. Thank you very much for your patience while our devs continue their work.

64 REPLIES 64
SaveOurBeach
Marketing Legend
0 Votes

I am sorry. I realized in retrospect that the screen shot I posted here is from our Word Press account. I returned today to take it down but I see you already responded. Sometimes the pages I update look so similar on our Constant Contact account and Wordpress account and since the link from one gets inserted on the other, it gets confusing at times.  I'll just keep checking back to see when the 2022 update occurs. Thank you!

LHC
Marketing Expert

Hello, this is 2022. The event system has been udpated (from 2021) and at this time, users have no way to add an event for 2023. The year 2023 is not an option in the drop down for the Event Start Date and End Date. I can not change the year in the date box. I need to create and event for 2023 so that attendees can pre-register at the 2022 event.  Please provide a workaround so that my attendees can save money. Thank you. 

NinaT543
Rookie

Pleeeeeeeze get this issue fixed.  Our organization needs to launch our programs for next year and we need the registration fees for our budgeting.   Please either fix this or allow us to book through next year.  This is impacting our finances!

SaveOurBeach
Marketing Legend

We are in the same boat. We have people reach out to register for events far in the future, as many are organizations and need to make plans. I haven't been able to create dates for January - April for 2022. This is getting frustrating!

user033785
Campaign Contributor

Yeah, this issue must be resolved as soon as possible, we are waiting for it.

RandallR7
Campaign Expert

Is anyone else encountering this issue?  I'm trying to set up my annual conference registration as an Event within Constant Contact, and the calendar only goes to the end of 2021.

SaveOurBeach
Marketing Legend

Yes, apparently they are working on new software to include dates for 2022, but it's getting pretty frustrating. I haven't been able to create events for our first four events in 2022. We have people register quite early for some events, and every month I look to see if the new software is available. So far it's a no go - this has been going on since January for me, and I'm getting pretty frustrated. Bring back the old until you get the new - allowing us to create events please!

RandallR7
Campaign Expert

Constant Contact ~ all of these customers likely have years invested in your event software, the ability to track registrations through our databases on your system, familiarity with .csv reports that track our guest activity, etc.  Please make this fix your highest priority.

My February event is global in scope.  People make plans to attend well in advance, and we're ready to go on every front excepting your software glitch.  To me, this delay is indefensible.  I've been speaking with you about this by phone for months now, as my company was selected for beta testing on the new email marketing platform where I was able to share shortcomings on your event software.

This is too important a portal not to have it operational at this stage.

RandallR7
Campaign Expert

I JUST RECEIVED SOME REALLY TROUBLING NEWS FROM CONSTANT CONTACT ABOUT THIS.  Their revised date for the new Event platform has now moved from Q1 2021 to Q4!  And they have no plans to restore the old software platform.

My guess is they're going to lose quite a few previously loyal customers because of this snafu.  Our company cannot simply wait for Q4 to register guests for a global conference in Q1 of 2022.  MY SUGGESTION TO EVERYONE OUT THERE IS TO PLEAD WITH CTCT TO TEMPORARILY RESTORE THE OLD SOFTWARE WITH A DATE FIX INTO 2022.

Let me know your thoughts....

SaveOurBeach
Marketing Legend

If you find an email that we can write to to address this issue I'm in!

William_A
Administrator

The devs have released the new event tool beta to all existing customers. Simply click Create in your account, and select Events (beta) to start creating one.

Capture.PNG

Any articles within the Knowledge Base related to the newer event tool will use this search tag eventsv2. This tag will help differentiate between articles related to the new system and retiring legacy system, and all legacy event-related articles have had their names updated accordingly to reflect that they refer to the legacy builder.

For guidance on converting legacy events into the newer event tool, please see the main article for legacy event reporting

To ensure the event system is given adequate development, testing, and deployment time - they've updated the current (eventually retiring) event system's registration cutoff.

The new cutoff is for March 31, 2024 - meaning events can have a start/finish date up till March 31, 2024. If you have any feedback regarding the new system, we encourage you to post it to the feedback boards for voting and direct Voice of Customer (VoC) submission. Thank you very much for your patience while our devs continue their work.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
KirkP4
Campaign Collaborator

Hi William, it looks like you last updated the "top answer" in February of 2023. Are there any additional updates you can share at this time? We have a conference in January 2024 that we need to begin recruiting for. If 2024 event creation does not become available within the next few weeks we'll have to move our event registration/communications to a new platform. Please advise. Thanks!

SaveOurBeach
Marketing Legend
I am still unable to create 2024 events in Constant Contact which I use as links on our website to encourage participants to register. It's now nearly July and that option is still unavailable. When will this become active so that I can create dates for early 2024 and insert the links on our website? This non-ability to create future events really puts a crimp in my work on our website. This is a new thing that started a couple of years ago and I'm not very happy with it, as I'm sure others aren't as well.
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @SaveOurBeach ,

Please see the stickied top response for our main thread on this topic.

William A
KarenH0880
Campaign Contributor
0 Votes
I'm trying to create an event for April 2024, but when I start to create the event and then chose the dates for the event, I am only provided with 2023 dates.
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @KarenH0880 ,

Events made in the legacy builder, including ones you copy, will not be able to be scheduled past December 31, 2023. If you have an event for 2024, you can utilize the newer event builder by selecting Create > Events.

William A
KayCarbaugh
Campaign Collaborator
0 Votes
We are trying to create an event for February 2024. The event calendar is only letting us choose dates on or before 12/31/23, and not go into the following year.
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @KayCarbaugh ,

If you want to make an event beyond December 31, 2023, I'd recommend using the newer event tool via the Create button in your account. 

Capture.PNG

William A
RandallR7
Campaign Expert
0 Votes

Hooray!  Kudos to the CtCt dev team for accommodating us.  Onward together!

SaveOurBeach
Marketing Legend

Now I can't make 2023 events. When will this calendar become available? I actually create events a year out.

Zoe_H
Employee
0 Votes

Hello @SaveOurBeach,

I do apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, at this time Events can not go past a year out in time. I will gladly submit your feedback on this and our engineers will send you an update when changes happen. Thank you! 

Zoe H.

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
LHC
Marketing Expert

Hello, I would also like to request the ability to create events in 2023. If I was able to create a year out, I could make my event. However, 2023 is not even an option for me. 

LHC
Marketing Expert

i am in the same situation. a lot of events have pre-registration at the annual event prior. so there is no way for us to create next year's event for this year's pre-registration. super frustrating over here.

RogerM82263
Rookie

Am I the only one who cannot schedule an event past 2022?  
I am trying to set up an event registration, and the registration tool won't allow me to enter a date beyond 12/31/2022.  Is anyone else having this problem?

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

The current cutoff for the event system is Dec 31, 2022. If the devs need additional time to work on the newer event system, we'll update this thread's top answer to show the updated cutoff for the old event system.

William A
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST