Event email Send To Lists

SOLVED
Go to solution
OpenArmsK
Campaign Collaborator
0 Votes
I set a list and scheduled an event email. Afterwards I needed to change the list I was sending it to. Once I worked out how to unschedule the event (not obvious) I tried to change the list. I clicked x beside the list I didn't want, and then selected the list I did want, saved and then clicked finish. I got a message to say I needed to provide additional info. Please make a selection before proceeding. I do have a selection, which is showing in the box, but I can't get it to accept it. Lots of red type!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @OpenArmsK ,

I was able to recreate the issue you're describing in your event invites. What's occurring is that something in the older system is seeing the previously selected list being de-selected, and causing it glitch out.

How to get around this is to:

1. Select / check the box of the new list(s) you want in the list options 
  2. De-select / uncheck the box of the old list(s) you don't want
  3. Click the blue save button
  4. Then click the golden Finish button

Essentially there's something that's causing the little X on the text bar to not properly remove and allow new additions to list selections. As long as you remove the older selections by un-checking them from the list while checking the ones you do want, you shouldn't see that warning message.

Since the Event system is getting a massive revamp, glitches like this are unlikely to be resolved by the engineers before that newer system is released. However I did still track the issue to your account, so if there's an update on it prior to the release of that newer system, the engineers will notify you directly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @OpenArmsK ,

I was able to recreate the issue you're describing in your event invites. What's occurring is that something in the older system is seeing the previously selected list being de-selected, and causing it glitch out.

How to get around this is to:

1. Select / check the box of the new list(s) you want in the list options 
  2. De-select / uncheck the box of the old list(s) you don't want
  3. Click the blue save button
  4. Then click the golden Finish button

Essentially there's something that's causing the little X on the text bar to not properly remove and allow new additions to list selections. As long as you remove the older selections by un-checking them from the list while checking the ones you do want, you shouldn't see that warning message.

Since the Event system is getting a massive revamp, glitches like this are unlikely to be resolved by the engineers before that newer system is released. However I did still track the issue to your account, so if there's an update on it prior to the release of that newer system, the engineers will notify you directly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
OpenArmsK
Campaign Collaborator
0 Votes

I had a whole reply typed up because the Accept as Solution button did not in fact appear until after I clicked on reply, so I decided to compose a thank you note. As soon as I clicked on it, my whole reply disappeared! So thank you for taking the time to explain the solution and I now know what to do if it happens again. However I am very glad to hear that the Events system is getting a revamp which it really needs. The whole process of setting up the event as a first timer was frustrating and complicated. Cropping, sizing and placing logos/images was complete guesswork. Understanding what would happen next, what the purpose of each field was, what the event would look like in each stage from the first, was obscure to say the least. So roll on the revamp! Thanks again for the help. 

Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Apr 23
Community Conversations: SMS Marketing - Activate, Regulate, Communicate!
2PM - 3:00 PM EST