We all started somewhere! Share your experience on the Get Advice: Let's Get Started Sweepstakes thread and be entered to win a $100 credit on your Constant Contact account.

Event marketing

SOLVED
Go to solution
jklmachinery08
Participant

Event marketing

Long time customer of Constant Contact, I created for the first time an Event.  I proceeded to make live and just after doing so I realized my contacts choice was for only one category which would have left nearly half of all contacts out of the event publication.  I immediately cancelled thinking I could reschedule once I combine all contacts.  Unfortunately this is not the case so I am out $50.00, very disappointing as I have hours spent creating the event.  I looked back at the "send to" list and noticed only one choice for contacts was available rather than multiple groups.

Not very happy, looking for alternatives

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Curtis_P
Employee

Hello, @jklmachinery08 and @servpro9497.

Thank you for your engagement in the community!

I believe that there may be a misunderstanding in how the event product works. I will gladly help clear this up a bit. The list that you choose during the process of setting up your event Basics, Settings, and Registration (before making your event live) is the list for contacts to be added to after they have signed up. This is not the list that you are sending to, therefore, you are only able to choose one list. After making the event live you will have an option to create an invite that is sent to your contact lists. The event will not be sent when you activate the campaign.

@jklmachinery08, to address your charge I recommend calling our billing department and given the situation I believe that they will be able to work with you.

I hope that this helps! Please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you.

-Curtis P
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media. Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
servpro9497
Participant

Contact them tomorrow - they probably are able to restore the event for you.  I am not sure about how to add more contacts though - I am having the same issue - I want to send to another list, but there is no option.

Curtis_P
Employee

Hello, @jklmachinery08 and @servpro9497.

Thank you for your engagement in the community!

I believe that there may be a misunderstanding in how the event product works. I will gladly help clear this up a bit. The list that you choose during the process of setting up your event Basics, Settings, and Registration (before making your event live) is the list for contacts to be added to after they have signed up. This is not the list that you are sending to, therefore, you are only able to choose one list. After making the event live you will have an option to create an invite that is sent to your contact lists. The event will not be sent when you activate the campaign.

@jklmachinery08, to address your charge I recommend calling our billing department and given the situation I believe that they will be able to work with you.

I hope that this helps! Please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you.

-Curtis P
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media. Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!

View solution in original post