Event registrants forced to sign in to PayPal

SOLVED
Go to solution
MelissaG179
Campaign Contributor
0 Votes

I just tested my event by making it live and sending myself an invitation. My registrants can purchase dinner tickets, a table for 8, or make a donation. When I selected each one in turn, the PayPal page I was sent to forced me to either log in to PayPal or create a PayPal login in order to pay, as shown below.PayPalScreenWithEvent.PNG

There is no option to forego logging in, which I get with the PayPal buttons I created. The screenshot below is what I see when I click on one of my buttons.

PayPalScreenFromButton.PNG

My PayPal account is set up so that a PayPal Account is optional and the help page I read on their site says that the API call from Constant Contact's side is overriding this setting.

I do not want to force my registrants to create a PayPal account in order to pay with a credit card.

My questions are the following:

1. Is there a way I can change this via my Constant Contact account?

2. Is there a way that you can change this for me?

3. Why is this the default option? This just alienates buyers.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Donna_P.
Employee
0 Votes

Hi @MelissaG179!

Thanks for reaching out in the Community!

It does appear that you have the settings correct in your PayPal account for not requiring an account to purchase, because when I went through the registration process it took me the the following check-out page:  

Capture.PNG

We do not override your checkout settings in our event interface.   There are other reasons that PayPal may not present that guest checkout page relating to browser cookies and the email address the person trying to checkout is using.  Please reference the PayPal help for more information regarding that.  Are you the PayPal account owner?  If so, or if you had recently logged in to the PayPal account with the same browser you were using for the checkout, it may have remembered you were the account owner and did not present the guest checkout page.  

If you have any further questions please feel free to reach out to us. We are always happy to assist you in any way we can!

Donna_P.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Donna_P.
Employee
0 Votes

Hi @MelissaG179!

Thanks for reaching out in the Community!

It does appear that you have the settings correct in your PayPal account for not requiring an account to purchase, because when I went through the registration process it took me the the following check-out page:  

Capture.PNG

We do not override your checkout settings in our event interface.   There are other reasons that PayPal may not present that guest checkout page relating to browser cookies and the email address the person trying to checkout is using.  Please reference the PayPal help for more information regarding that.  Are you the PayPal account owner?  If so, or if you had recently logged in to the PayPal account with the same browser you were using for the checkout, it may have remembered you were the account owner and did not present the guest checkout page.  

If you have any further questions please feel free to reach out to us. We are always happy to assist you in any way we can!

Donna_P.

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
MelissaG179
Campaign Contributor
0 Votes

Yes, you are right. I had to clear my history and data from my browser and got the PayPal screen that offered paying with a credit card without logging in. I still find it odd that my PayPal buttons behaved fine, regardless of all the cached data in my browser, and the PayPal link in the invitation clearly looked at the cache.

Briody_W
Employee
0 Votes

Hello @MelissaG179,

I'm glad to hear that the solution worked for you!  If you have any other questions, by all means let us know!

Briody_W

Graciea24
Rookie
0 Votes

then what is her password

Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST