Events: What do you do when you hit your registration cap?

Regular Participant

Events: What do you do when you hit your registration cap?

We are about to do our first event with a registration cap and I've been reading the help about what happens when you reach that cap. I only found product requests to let us change the registration reached message. The message just seems to say that the registration is closed and doesn't allow us to funnel people to any other mechanism to capture their interest.

Is this still true?

Does anyone know a way around this? Can you edit the event details to put a message there so it shows up on the left hand side of the registration page? I want to know what will happen BEFORE we launch the event rather than being in a panic afterwards.

Thanks for any wisdom!

2 REPLIES 2
Employee

Hi MargaretG412!

Thanks for reaching out to the community with your question! At this time our Event tool does not have a waitlist option, so once that limit has been reached it will give the "Registration is closed. The registration limit has been met" messaging. Unfortunately there isn't a way to change this messaging, or relocate it on the page. 

A bit of good news though, we have decided to focus on a complete redesign of our Event tool! Having a waitlist option is a request we are currently tracking and I have tracked this on your behalf.

I hope this information helps!

Kara.D
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Regular Participant

Actually, I'm asking other members to tell me how they work around the limitation.