Extra spacing between paragraphs added

SOLVED
Go to solution
BartB3
Rookie

When I send my created email to my contacts it changes the spacing between paragraphs. How do I prevent this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @AlisonF227 ,

The regular email builder is going to require either hard returns/enters or shift-enters to add additional lines between paragraphs, since it's meant to be a simpler and more accessible editing functionality.

If you're copying text from another source with formatting already applied, I'd definitely recommend pasting without the formatting, or pasting it into a plaint-text program like Notepad first, then copying from there into the email builder. Otherwise incompatible, outside formatting could cause issues with how the builder presents / sends it.

If you want more advanced editing and email building, and you know how to code HTML, I'd advise using the custom code editor

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @BartB3 ,

Was this occurring in your test sends? Does this occur in multiple email programs / apps or just one in particular? Does the affected email program/app have any settings regarding spacing, display, font or other elements that would force emails to display a particular way? 

William A
AlisonF227
Campaign Collaborator

I am also having this issue and I don't see it solved so I will write more here about my issue. I am using standard template blocks for articles and text and when I copy and paste into the blocks, it loses paragrpah formatting that was present in Word. I have to add a line break to get spacing. I am doing the initial work to set up our email service with CC and the feedback I have received on the test emails is it looks like there is too much space bewteen paragrpahs. the only option I am seeing is hard return to get line breaks. Anyone know how to recreate paragrpah spacing without regular editing fucntionality? It seems like there are just super basic options in this program.

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @AlisonF227 ,

The regular email builder is going to require either hard returns/enters or shift-enters to add additional lines between paragraphs, since it's meant to be a simpler and more accessible editing functionality.

If you're copying text from another source with formatting already applied, I'd definitely recommend pasting without the formatting, or pasting it into a plaint-text program like Notepad first, then copying from there into the email builder. Otherwise incompatible, outside formatting could cause issues with how the builder presents / sends it.

If you want more advanced editing and email building, and you know how to code HTML, I'd advise using the custom code editor

William A
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Apr 23
Community Conversations: SMS Marketing - Activate, Regulate, Communicate!
2PM - 3:00 PM EST