FB "Join My List" App won't connect

Regular Participant

FB "Join My List" App won't connect

I've added the "Join my list" app to my business FB page, but the second step, when you click on the app in FB in order to complete the connection, gives this error: 

We have lost our connection to Constant Contact. Please refresh your browser window.

I called customer support but they could not help. I've rebooted, cleared chache and cookies, deleted browsing history, waited an hour and tried again, etc., but still getting the error. Can anyone help?  

35 REPLIES 35

Hi @ClaudiaAmberHeart

I'm sorry to hear you're receiving this error message! I would suggest trying a different browser or a private/incognito window. I also would suggest trying to connect your Constant Contact account under a different admin. This error message is something our engineers are looking into further. In the meantime, I would be happy to add you to a queue to be notified when this is resolved.

Frankie.P
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.

Thanks, Frankie. I have tried two browsers - Chrome and Safari - and also an incognito window, and it still didn't work. How do I try it as a "different admin"? I have one login for my constant contact account. Could you please explain? Thanks.

Hi @ClaudiaAmberHeart,

Thanks for trying other web browsers and a private/incognito window! We're sorry that you're still unable to add the Join My Mailing List app to your Facebook business page. Connecting with a different admin may help. This means you would add a co-worker or colleague as another administrator to your Facebook business page. You could then try to connect the Join My Mailing List app using their login credentials for Facebook. As Frankie explained, our engineers are working to get this resolved as quickly as possible. If trying a different admin doesn't work then we can definitely notify you when it is fixed.

Nichelle M

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.

OK. Please notify me when it's fixed. Thanks!

Hey @ClaudiaAmberHeart,

Welcome back to the Community! I will definitely make sure you are notified! Thank you for your patience while we resolve the issue. Have a great day.

Desi_B

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media.  Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!

Just FYI, it is still not working using all the tips suggested. Please keep working on this issue so that it works! Thanks!

Hi @ClaudiaAmberHeart,

I checked on the status of this system error and our engineers are still working to fix it. I can confirm you're on the list to be notified when it's fixed. Thanks for your patience!

Nichelle M

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.

I having the same issue and it's late March - I see this first individual notified CC in January! Really? Either fix it, or take the option down from you 'integration' page. Clearly, it doesn't work.

Hello @JoyM799,

We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused. Your feedback is appreciated and I have gone ahead and added you to the email update list for this issue. Once all is resolved we will push out an automated email to the contact email address on your account.

Please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you.

-Curtis P

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media. Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!
Occasional Participant

This is September 2018 and I'm having the same issue.  Also, I keep confirming my email and never get the confirmation link. I've checked SPAM folders, and all other folders. 

Hi @PamelaJ324

I apologize that you are having issues with the Join My List app. Are you seeing an error message, and if so what does it say? Can you try to do this function in a different browser? Also, do you have a different Facebook administrator that could try connecting the Constant Contact application?

Are you trying to add a new email address to your verified email addresses in your account? If so you must first send the verification email and then it will let you confirm the address.

Let us know if you need any further assistance!

Jordan

I have the same issue and it is NOT working.

Any advice on this?

Thanks

Hello @JenniferK7090,

Thank you for contacting us.  Right now, it looks like our engineers are still working on the source of the problem.  The suggested workarounds are to try connecting the JMML integration through another business page administrator or to try and add it while using an alternate browser.  I have added you to the list to be notified when the issue is resolved.

Briody_W

Occasional Participant

I tried all the suggestions and they don’t work. However, my old email provider’s app works just fine. I might have to switch back to then if this isn’t fixed quickly. It’s affecting my business.

Hi @PamelaJ324!

I apologize that you continue to have issues with the Join My List app on Facebook and appreciate that it is important to your business to have this feature working properly. I am happy to continue to troubleshooting your issue but did want to clarify the troubleshooting you've performed. Have you tried using different browsers and are you a Facebook page administrator as this is required to include the app on your page? Were you seeing an error message? Could you attach a screenshot of the step that causes the issue during the connect process?

Mary S.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.

Was this fixed yet? Its over a year since the original post on this topic. If it was not resolved I do not want to spend time troubleshooting, as all other posters on this thread were not successful with the troubleshooting suggested in this thread. 

If it was not fixed please advise how to remove it from my FB page as i already have the option on my sidebar to "join my list" and it is unprofessional to leave it there if it does not work.

Hi @RabbiF 

We have seen cases where the workarounds listed in this thread has successfully worked for other customers. Have you tried in a different browser or with a different admin? Please let us know if you still have this experience after trying these steps as any details of this would be helpful to track on our end. I also would like to mention, it is possible to remove the Join My List App from your page if you did in fact want to do this instead.

Frankie.P

Just noting that this error is still happening, 2 years later, I tried on both of our logins and on Edge and on Chrome and then finally removed the tab since it isn't working. I feel that unless this feature can work smoothly for clients that it shouldn't be offered as a part of the integration options. Sure wish it worked. 

Thank you,

Disaster Aid Canada

Hello @DisasterAidCan,

Another thing to try is checking with Facebook's support team to see if they have any updates. This issue should have been fixed so you may need to check your connection with them. Thanks! 

Zoe H.

Still does not work - very annoying that this is still offered when it clearly has issues.