Facebook Join My List App

VisitingAngelsGlendora
Regular Participant

Facebook Join My List App

Join my list seems to have been disabled as Adobe has ended support for Flash. How can I remove the app/tab from my Facebook or find a new way to add the opt-in on Facebook? Thank you!
9 REPLIES 9
William_D

Hello @VisitingAngelsGlendora ,

If you go into your business page's settings, there should be a place where you can turn off / revoke the JMML app's permissions  - which should remove it from your page by default.

While our engineers work with Facebook to determine the plausibility of a similarly functioning app, you can add a Landing Page sign up form to your business page. You just need to tap the big + button for your page, and insert the LP's share link.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William D
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.

Hello @Wiiliam_D!

Thank you for your reply.

I followed along to the instructions to remove the permissions, but it looks like the app isnt registering as connected from my integrations tab in Constant Contact in the first place. I went back and checked and it looks like the "Join My List" option is still showing in Facebook though. There seems to be a disconnect between the 2 programs. 

Do you happen to have any other solutions? 

Is the app not showing up in your Facebook business page's settings either, @VisitingAngelsGlendora ? You may want to reach out to Facebook's support to see if they have any insight why the JMML isn't showing any means to remove it from their end.

William D

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.

The app is showing up in the business page setting, but without the ability to make any changes or toggle it on or off as it says it is a third-party app. I have reached out and they asked me to contact the third party. 

So I'm looking on the page linked in your account's emails, and I'm not seeing the JMML on your organization's Facebook page, not even under the More button or sidebar. Could you please provide the exact URL where this form is on your page, or where to find it from your main feed page? That way we can provide that info to our higher level technical team to investigate further.

@VisitingAngelsGlendora 

William D

Of course! I am attaching the link here https://www.facebook.com/VisitingAngelsGlendora/app/141428856257 and you can also access the tab from our main page here https://www.facebook.com/VisitingAngelsGlendora and then clicking "More" and "Join Our Mailing List"

Thank you much!

Hello @VisitingAngelsGlendora ,

Thank you for providing that info, for some reason it wasn't showing up on your page when I investigated yesterday, but it was probably a caching error on my end.

After speaking with our higher level technical team, they just want to confirm that this process (slightly different from the one I linked earlier) is one that's been tried for removing the JMML from your business page. If the app persists after turning it off / removing it, following the process I just linked, then it's something our technical team is saying is a Facebook issue that they'll need to resolve. 

It seems there are some issues being caused by the deprecation of the tabs function in Facebook starting last year. I'd definitely recommend checking that page, as well as these other help articles to see if any of them are able to help alleviate your issue from the Facebook side. Otherwise you may need to reach out to Facebook's support directly.

Turning off Facebook integration with different apps

Removing CRM permissions from Facebook

William D

MargaratN
Occasional Participant

Didn't work for me!

Hello @MargaratN, Please try the following: An admin for the Facebook business page can visit "https://www.facebook.com/[Insert facebookPageNameHere]/settings/?tab=apps" which will provide an option to remove the Facebook page

If the app persists after turning it off / removing it, following the process I just linked, then it's something our technical team is saying is a Facebook issue that they'll need to resolve. 

Amy Y.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right
strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.