Facebook Post Preview

Participant

Facebook Post Preview

Whenever I want to share an issue of my newsletter in Social Media, it includes a preview photo from one of the articles - which looks great.  But, when I post it, all that appears is the lackluster banner with the Email Subject and Constant Contact mention.  This is certainly unappealing when you're trying to capture reader's attention.  What can I do to make sure the article photo appears in the actual post?

1 REPLY 1

Hello @SonaliS51 ,

This is largely dependent on Facebook's API determining how it wishes to present the link and image information sent to them.

For the sake of troubleshooting, is this issue occurring when you do a social share of a sent email, or when you make a social post from scratch? Social share is a bit of an older system (which the engineers are working on bringing into the fold of the social inbox), and thus has some stipulations with it, which can affect what Facebook actually shows. The most common issue is image size, which you can find some insight about in this article.

If the issue is occurring in social share, the easiest way to get around that would be to use the social post / social inbox tab instead. This tool still allows you to schedule a post, copy other posts to easily set up multiple days of posting, and allows you to specifically select the image you want to make the main centerpiece.

If the issue is occurring when using the social post method, then we may need to take a deeper dive into how Facebook is interpreting your posts vs. how you set them up on our end.

William D
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.