We all started somewhere! Share your experience on the Get Advice: Let's Get Started Sweepstakes thread and be entered to win a $100 credit on your Constant Contact account.

Facebook Posts Links in Read More build box Give Security Check Required

fvdowntown
Participant

Facebook Posts Links in Read More build box Give Security Check Required

Our nonprofit uses the read more box to pull content from the businesses we promote. Some of the links we have tried to use for a recent mother's day campaign are not pulling the content, but giving a security check required message instead. Any idea why/how to solve?

5 REPLIES 5
William_D

Hello @fvdowntown ,

It looks like you already spoke to a chat rep regarding this issue. For the sake of further troubleshooting, do you know if any of the Facebook accounts whose links you're using are set to Private? Or are the links coded to only be accessed by the owners of the account?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William D
Community & Social Media Support
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
TJCOALITION
Occasional Participant

We are a nonprofit having the same issue as well. Can you please list the fix here for ourselves and others who need it?

Hi @TJCOALITION 

Are you having this experience with our Social Inbox tool? We have seen cases where users receive this security check message, however it appears to only affect the preview of the post. The URL preview will appear normally in the published post. Are you still seeing this message when the post has published?

Frankie.P
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.

Government agency using our own and other public agency posts. Same problem. Seems to disproportionately affect video/GIF posts. Sometimes, you have to open the post as its own URL, let the video play and then grab the link from a point in time of the video. Incredibly frustrating. I've lost out on some great content.

ConstantContact Link Issue.JPG

TJCOALITION
Occasional Participant

This is inside emails. I receive the same issue as others have said. exampleee.PNG