Facebook "redirected too many times" error

Participant

Facebook "redirected too many times" error

I'm trying to connect my company's Facebook page in CC for social media posting. I keep getting an error after logging into to FB "This page isn't working right now. www.facebook.com redirected you too many times." I know one of the fixes for this is to clear cookies, but it hasn't helped. I was able to connect Twitter and LinkedIn just fine. Any thoughts on how to fix this? Thanks for any help.

5 REPLIES 5

Hi @SteveB209 

Thank you for bringing this to our attention! This error message you have received is actually a defect we are in the process of troubleshooting further. In fact what browser are you using? Do you have this same experience in a different browser or a private/incognito window? Having these details along with a screenshot of the exact message you're receiving is helpful information for us to have. In the meantime, the workaround we suggest is to manually post the share URL for your sent campaign.

Frankie.P
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Occasional Participant

This was happening to me also until today on one of our client's accounts. So to answer some of your questions, yes this would happen on all browsers/incognito and at different locations and networks. The workaround before was to change back to Facebook Classic but in September that was no longer a option. The other workaround was to go to facebook.com/home which did not exist and click on the home icon at the top then go to the business page shortcut on the left pane. Now it looks like Facebook just disabled the /business/dashboard page to display the same This Page Isn't Available message and click on the home icon etc... to bypass.

Here is the last monkey wrench for you. If you go to account settings and Ads the settings tab will just flicker and eventually just say that facebook has closed the connection in the settings tab. You can click on the home icon at the top to get off the page.

Other than that it looks like Facebook fixed the issue through obscurity which is not the best way since it does not fix the root issue which is that Facebook's backend web hosting systems created a redirect loop which could be just a couple of bad lines of code that created it. Just as a final note, our client's account is classified as a Gray Account which might have some other unforeseen consequences because of that.

Hello @AustinO89 ,

Are you able to confirm if this is happening when trying to connect to FB through social share, or is it occurring when trying to connect through the social tab? Does trying to connect to the other way let you through, or do the timed out redirects continue?

William D

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Occasional Participant

Hi William,

No this was through facebook.com itself I actually do not use social share/social tab this was a backend issue with facebook itself. So I am assuming you are using facebook's API to connect through your systems and in this case it was not a issue with you but with facebook itself. What facebook did to fix the issue is literally just disable the problematic page instead of fix it so it just displays a page doesn't exist error inside of facebook.

(If you want to see what I am talking about just go to facebook.com/home and that is the same page you will get when logging into facebook from a gray account. Just click the home icon at the top of the page to get out of it.)

All of this started when Facebook pushed out the new design. You might see the same results if you have a gray account handy since when logging into that it would try to redirect to facebook.com/business/dashboard. In facebook classic this worked fine but when facebook removed the option all together there was no way to get around it except to go to another page that did not exist and in this case it was facebook.com/home.

However, as of Monday or Tuesday this week they disabled the /business/dashboard page so the redirect loop error does not happen anymore and displays the same error page as /home.

Gotcha, thank you for the update @AustinO89 . I just wanted to make sure if there was something we could fix or troubleshoot from our end that we were able to do so. If you run into any issues from our end, make sure to let us know. Have a good day!

William D

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.