The Community is hosting an End of Summer sweepstakes! Participants must complete tasks to earn tickets that will enter them with a chance to win a free year of Constant Contact and other great prizes!*
*No Purchase Necessary. For Official Rules, visit here. Constant Contact’s End of Summer 2020 Sweepstakes ends on October, 20, 2020 at 11:50 PM EST.

False Clicks Reported in Results

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

False Clicks Reported in Results

I have a very large b2b marketing database and have noticed that I get false click reporting when sending emails to the larger ones.  I understand that this is due to their server-side security features, but it would be great if CC could somehow flag these so we can get a clearer picture of engagment.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: False Clicks Reported in Results

Hello @JenniferN38 ,

Our engineers are looking into how we can either mitigate these false clicks, or provide a way for them to be turned off. I've gotten your request submitted to them, so that if and when there is an update they'll notify you directly.

Obviously the only real workaround at this time would be to simply ignore these clicks, typically occurring at the literal exact send time. Or you can also export the click report and delete those clicks. Either of these does run the risk of omitting genuine clicks from quick-reacting contacts, but this number would presumably be negligible. The second one could also act as a potential workaround if you're needing to add the clickers to a list and omit the most obvious security bot-clicks.

William D
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Highlighted

Can you add us to your list for updates as well - we are having the same issue. I can manually sort them out for now since our lists are relatively small - but would be ideal if there was an automated way to do this in the reporting.

Jennifer

Highlighted

Hello @HiveDigitalMinds ,

We've gotten your case and account info to the engineers. If and when they have an update to the service request, they'll make sure to notify you by email. At this time they don't have an ETA on an update regarding this request.

If there's anything else you'd like assistance with, feel free to make a new thread and we'll gladly help out. Have a good day!

William D
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Constant Contact 2020 End of Summer Community Sweepstakes!

The Constant Contact User Community is hosting a sweepstakes. The more you participate, the more chances you have to win! Read on to learn more...

Read More
Featured