False "Opened Email" Numbers

Frequent Participant

False "Opened Email" Numbers

Immediately after sending an email, I receive a large number of recorded "Opened Email" responses.  Many are from the same company but not all.  An email I sent this morning had about 5,000 names and 304 came back immediately as Opened.  Can't figure out why this occurs but it makes response numbers meaningless.

Thanks for any insights you can offer.

1 REPLY 1

Hello @JohnE314 ,

This is most likely caused by those domains using a security program that "opens" and "clicks" emails before delivering or spam filtering. It may be worth reaching out to these companies / domains to get your email safelisted and/or our domains safelisted. It may also be worth reaching out to our Deliverability team to see if they have any further insight, or if you need guidance setting up self-authentication as a potential way to avoid this kind of security filtering.

William D
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.