Filtering by tag

SOLVED
Go to solution
OVGC
Rookie
0 Votes

I ran two email campaigns using a tag ... for one campaign, the message was to go to all except those filter out by a tag; the other campaign message was to go to only those having the tag. But when I read the details of each, they both have the note "With Tags." Now, I don't know why they don't specify the detail that the one was sent to members filtering out the selected tag, or specify the detail that the other was sent to only those having the tag. When I only says "With Tags," I'm not getting the confirmation I'm looking for. Please advise.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @OVGC ,

If you narrow-by-tag and explicitly select the "Don't send to contacts who are also tagged with" option, then the Details page of your email will say "Without tag" and then list the tags that were marked for exclusion. 

If you select the "Send only to contacts who are also tagged with" option, then the Details page will say "With tag" and the list of tags you marked for inclusion. Another potential way to go about excluding a certain tag would be to do the "Send only to" option and select all the tags except the one(s) you don't want to send to. If your emails' details are all saying "With tag," then it would indicate that you selected the "Send only to" option. 

If you believe there's an issue with your email narrow selections, then I'd advise calling our general support so they can continue troubleshooting live.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @OVGC ,

If you narrow-by-tag and explicitly select the "Don't send to contacts who are also tagged with" option, then the Details page of your email will say "Without tag" and then list the tags that were marked for exclusion. 

If you select the "Send only to contacts who are also tagged with" option, then the Details page will say "With tag" and the list of tags you marked for inclusion. Another potential way to go about excluding a certain tag would be to do the "Send only to" option and select all the tags except the one(s) you don't want to send to. If your emails' details are all saying "With tag," then it would indicate that you selected the "Send only to" option. 

If you believe there's an issue with your email narrow selections, then I'd advise calling our general support so they can continue troubleshooting live.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Apr 23
Community Conversations: SMS Marketing - Activate, Regulate, Communicate!
2PM - 3:00 PM EST