Fix your platform ASAP

Highlighted
Retail

Fix your platform ASAP

This issue is going for about 1.5-2 years. Using Google Chrome, on your website ALWAYS (every single time of new newsletter) having issues with saving a current newsletter with a crashing parts of my work. Never know when it will happen, so I save my work every 2 minutes (insane), but sometimes you can’t even SAVE (the Save button is simply keep frozen) and I MUST TO REFRESH my browser, so I get some part of work (designs/content) erased/missing. Based on Wikipedia you have 1000+ employees!!! What are you all doing there??? I pay you $100 per month within a few years!!! I am already looking for some other companies, however if you will fix it within a few days, I can keep my subscription. Fix ASAP!!!
13 REPLIES 13
Highlighted
Solution Provider

Re: Fix your platform ASAP

I am also having endless problems with speed. I have created a new campaign and got lots of lock-ups during the process. Lock-ups happen every time I create campaigns. I have been trying to save this campaign for 16 minutes now before I exit and it is just hanging (oh, it has just fixed saved itself after 17 minutes!). I checked with my host and all good there. I thought maybe the covid19 traffic had slowed the entire world but all other sites work with faster speed than constantcontact. I have even put a sentence into my campaign alerting readers of slowness getting to links. What can I do or you do to resolve this? Are you in overload? It is 5.51pm in Australia on a Sunday.

Highlighted
Solution Provider

Re: OOPS!

I have lost count this morning and I say more than the polite 'oops' when it happens. It seems to happen at any time. I am actively working on the newsletter. This is not a legacy version. It is a branded new version. I could be typing, inserting image, inserting blocks, changing colour of text, links, whatever. I am now intentionally saving after each major sentence/change I put in but often the oops beats me and I have lost content. It seems to take ages to refresh and sometimes I have to log in again. Very very frustrating as this is a time-sensitive email I am creating. I use Chrome as this is my preferred choice. I worry that when I finally send the newsletter, my readers will strike connection problems and all my effort will have been wasted and my customer will be annoyed. I will probably never know whether this happens or not.

Highlighted

Hi @NickK44 

I can understand how important it is to easily work in your account. I apologize this is the experience you've had with your email campaign! With that said, what browser? Are you having this same experience in different browser or private/incognito window? I have taken a closer look at your account and can see you are still working in legacy emails. Are these campaigns that you copy and reuse often? We have seen cases where these campaign types copied and reused too often over a long period of time can cause problematic formatting to be carried over. In these cases we suggest adding content into a brand new block instead of a previous existing one. As for your save button being frozen, this is a defect in this editor our Support agents are continuing to troubleshoot. If you can please email us at social_support(at)constantcontact(dot)com with us these details, we would be happy to submit it to the appropriate teams:

1) Email name, and which block couldn't save?
2) Notepad file of the HTML that wouldn't save
3) What changes did they make to the block before it wouldn't save?
4) Your results from a speed test

The workarounds we suggestion in the meantime is Hitting Control + S to save the block or copying the HTML of the block and contacting our Support for further assistance. Users also have the option of moving over to our updated Third-Generation editor. These templates were designed to help avoid some of these defects.

Frankie.P
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Highlighted
Solution Provider

Hi Frankie

Not sure if your reply was for me or Nick but you will notice that in my reply I said I had switched to the new brand templates. I was not cutting and pasting any content and was typing in my fresh sentences. The template had not been used before. Oops came so many times, pretty well on each block and, at a guess, with every type of insert (link, image, text, font size change ... you name it) at some stage of the process. I finally got my new email out yesterday afternoon after much more frustration.

This morning when I logged in, the site was unable to load campaigns. The instruction was to view campaigns in the 'Campaigns Page' (linked). I tried that only to return to the 'unable to load campaigns' state. I repeated this three times before I could view my campaigns. I couldn't load campaigns first time yesterday as well but I didn't think to report it.

I have been with CC for many years now and had been happy. I need a reliable platform. I hope you get things sorted soon, especially locking up and losing content whilst working: the save issue is really critical.

thanks

Trudy

Highlighted

Hi @TrudyW9 

I apologize for any confusion my previous response may have caused. That reply was for Nick specifically. The experience you're having appears to be different than from what the other user in this thread is seeing.  Both experiences you have described are defects our support is continuing to troubleshoot.  Do you have any extensions running in your Chrome browser? We have seen cases where this unable to load campaigns error appears if in accounts with the Cisco Webex Extension for Chrome add-on in their browser. If you do have this extension enables, I would recommend disabling/removing it. Did removing it help?

As for the oops message you're seeing, can you please provide us a screenshot of the exact message you're seeing? Are you seeing this happen in a different browser or a private/incognito window? These are helpful details to have along with if you're using a work or home network, and your Internet Service Provider. I would even suggest running a speed test in your browser. What are the results of your speed test? Users need a download speed of 3+MB, and or a upload of 1+MB to  to run our site without issues.

Frankie.P

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Highlighted
Retail

Hello Frankie,

My answers are below:

• Do you have any extensions running in your Chrome browser?

- I have no any Extension for Chrome as I use as standard way.

• Screenshot of the exact message you're seeing?
- There is no any messages like "Error" except note like "Work will not be saved" or something like this. So in most cases I see just a frozen page. And only the way to move forward is refresh the page/browser and loose some work and waste MY time!!!

• Are you having this same experience in different browser or private/incognito window?
- I use only Chrome and have no time to check it from other ones. You should do this, not me.

• Are these campaigns that you copy and reuse often?
- Yes, it's my old template (like 1-2 years). So I use this because your system let me copy it to save MY time.

• Results of speed test on Chrome:
Download: 41.34 Mb/s
Upload: 15.52 Mb/s
Latency: 11 ms

Highlighted
Administrator

Hi @NickK44. Thank you for providing that information. Because we are unable to experience the same loading issue on our end, we need to ask you to do these troubleshooting steps and we appreciate you taking the time to do so. If you could try to use a different browser and let us know if this helps, we can continue to help.

Also, when you say you copy your template, do you only copy your most recent email or do you have a blank template that you work off of?

Caitlin M.

Highlighted
Retail

You: Also, when you say you copy your template, do you only copy your most recent email or do you have a blank template that you work off of?
Me: yes, in 99% I copy my most recent email (it's necessary for me).

On the two following screenshots you will see two problems:

#1 - button SAVE is frozen, sometimes from 20sec to unlimited time (if unlimited, then I MUST to refresh the page and lose some work and MY TIME) - on Chrome Google.

#2 - today as you said, I tried to use the Internet Explorer. You can see the frozen page in a grey screen (unlimited time) - it was right after I clicked EDIT my email from the beginning (it was a copy of my recent email that was made on Chrome a few days ago). Then I had only one chance is refreshing my page (browser) - then I saw a note like: "Soon we will no longer work on Internet Explorer. Please use Chrome or FireFox browsers". So, at this point, your platform is not well working on both major world browsers (Chrome Google and Internet Explorer).

Also confirm me that you will refund me for all paid months of this year and make the next two months for free because it's VERY HARD to use your platform on such a level... Plus now, I work for you already within few days explaining YOUR technical issues instead your testing team SHOULD do this.

Come on, you have 1000+ employees based on Wikipedia. Is 1000 not enough people???

You should fix it within the next 2 weeks, better much faster, if you value your customers who pay you $100 per month for 3+ years...!!!

CC_errors_1.jpg

CC_errors_2.jpg

Highlighted
Retail

While I'm doing new email now on Google Chrome browser:
I can't click OK neither Cancel buttons already for 5 minutes... All other website are working fast at the same time from the same browser. Picture attached:CC_errors_3.jpg

Constant Contact Would Like To Hear From You!

We want to hear from customers like you about your favorite features and how they have helped your business or organization. Tell us by answering a few questions in...

Read More
Featured