Font change in mobile format

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Font change in mobile format

The newsletter I've prepared is all done in the same font. However, when I preview it on my mobile phone and in the mobile format in Constant Contact, there are two stories where the font is different. Why is this happening and how can it be corrected?
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Administrator

Re: Font change in mobile format

Hello @JustWriteComms. I sent a preview of your newsletter over to my mobile device (iPhone) and I do see that two of the stories do have a smaller text size. This can happen if text is copied and pasted into your Constant Contact newsletter. If you are copy/pasting text into your newsletter, we recommend first pasting your text into either Notepad (Windows) or TextEdit (Mac) and then taking that text and copy/pasting it into your newsletter. This can strip out a lot of formatting that can cause issues like you were seeing. I have some more information about using this suggestion here

Caitlin M.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Shouldn't your editor or preview tool catch that?

Whats the purpose of a preview tool then?

Are you saying you can't depend on that for something as basic as font size?

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

I have gone through every section after copying and pasting in plain text and reformatted the content to have the same font size, yet when I preview my newsletter using my mobile, the font sizes automatically change arbitrarily - some sections are 12 ft and some are 14 ft.  What can I do to avoid this? This is a very frustrating issue that I think Constant Contact needs to address. 

Tags (2)
Highlighted
CTCT Employee

Hello @WendiB30,

I apologize that you are having this experience as well. Sometimes copy and paste will cause this issue even if you are pasting in as plain text. You will want to try typing in the text manually or you can copy and paste your text into Notepad or Textedit first to strip any unwanted code before you paste into Constant Contact. To see more information about this please click on our helpful article here. Thank you! 

Zoe H.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Constant Contact Would Like To Hear From You!

We want to hear from customers like you about your favorite features and how they have helped your business or organization. Tell us by answering a few questions in...

Read More
Featured