Font changes ONLY for text with URL links when send test email

OCPD2015
Rookie
0 Votes

Hello,

I am using one of the e-mail safe fonts (Trebuchet MS) in an e-mail newsletter. The font appears as expected in the test email sent to my team (who are all on Outlook, as our most of our subscribers), EXCEPT when the text has a URL link. In this case, the font changes to Arial, even though the rest of the text displays as Trebuchet MS. Also, text with email links do not change to Arial in the test email.

Is there any fix for this?

Font issue.PNG

Top Answer
William_A
Administrator

Some email programs' settings (or default functionality) will force any links to appear a certain way, with bright blue and underlined as the usual. This can occur with browsers as well, overwriting websites' styles. In this regard, there's not much to be done for the links being forced to display as the default on the editor's side.

3 REPLIES 3
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @OCPD2015 ,

To confirm, are the links in your email, Preview and editor, all set to be the same font as your normal text? Is the default link font in your email's Design tab different from your main text default? Are there any settings you're seeing in your Outlook that'd be forcing the links' font to change?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
OCPD2015
Rookie
0 Votes

Hi William,

I checked the Design tab, and in poor form, I had not changed the formatting there.  So, I made the formatting changes there, logged out, and logged back in, and it did help--except, with the Outlook email client at least, any text with a URL link still turns to that default blue w/ underlining (even though the font doesn't change to Arial anymore).  I did get thru on a call (case #: 30626354), and apparently there is something with the editor / Outlook that the CTCT team is working on...?

I didn't see anything in Outlook that would be forcing that formatting (but maybe I don't know where to look).  Also, I wonder, even if I did find a formatting setting in Outlook, apparently it is the default for everyone in our organization (who are all on Outlook), so even if I changed it on my account, everyone else in our org would still see the links in blue-underlined...yes?

Any other thoughts?

Thank you!

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Some email programs' settings (or default functionality) will force any links to appear a certain way, with bright blue and underlined as the usual. This can occur with browsers as well, overwriting websites' styles. In this regard, there's not much to be done for the links being forced to display as the default on the editor's side.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST