Font size changes for links when you send email

SOLVED
Go to solution
CDPHE-EJ
Rookie
0 Votes

Hello,

For the past few months, whenever I add a link to a webpage in constant contact, even if the font for the text within the link appears to be the same size as the rest of the text in Constant Contact (and even if I specifically resize the font of the link to be the correct size), it shows up as a smaller size when I send the email. Sometimes changing all the text to plain text formatting and re-adding the links works to fix that, but sometimes it doesn't. There doesn't seem to be a consistent solution, and sometimes it has happened (the links have shrunk) in the final version of a message we send out even if they were the correct size in a test email.

I would love to know more about the cause of this issue and how to fix it.

Thank you,

Joel Minor

Colorado Department of Public Health & Environment

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Caitlin_M
Administrator

Hi @CDPHE-EJ. Thank you for that information. I did a quicksend to my own address (you might have seen a notification for it since it had to be a live send, not a test) and I was able to replicate it as well on my end. 

Taking a look at the Design tab, the body text is set to 14pt which is the size of the link text in the live send. Even if the text is changed under the block, some of the text properties can be carried over from Design. I would recommend changing the font size to 18 under Design and see if this fixes the issue, testing with a live send to your own address.

--

Caitlin M.
Community Manager

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Amanda_G
Employee
0 Votes

Hi @CDPHE-EJ , 

I do certainly apologize that you are running into this. If you wouldn't mind providing some additional information for troubleshooting purposes, that would be very helpful. 

What email client (Outlook, Gmail, etc.), browser, and device are you using when you receive the final version of the email campaign and see the issue?

Are you copy/pasting the text/link into the email campaign? If so, where are you copying it from? 

Amanda G.
Community & Social Care
Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
CDPHE-EJ
Rookie
0 Votes

Hi @amanda_g, thank you for the prompt reply.

The issue with seeing the links in a different font is in the Gmail web client, on the google chrome web browser.  The issue is consistent across devices (desktop (windows) computers for multiple team members, as well as mobile devices (iPhone).  

I have generally been copy/pasting the text with the link into the email campaign from Google Docs.  Typically, I will copy-paste over the text, then turn all of the text into "plain text" after pasting it in, then reformat it to the appropriate font and size, and add each link back in manually in Constant Contact.  This did fix the problem the first few times I tried, but lately the issue has been re-occurring even after I do that.  One time, I did try creating a new text box, typing in the text by hand rather than copy-pasting, and adding the link, but that did not resolve the issue and the link still appeared smaller than the rest of the text in the final product.

Thanks again for the help,

Joel

Caitlin_M
Administrator

Hi @CDPHE-EJ. Thank you for that information. I did a quicksend to my own address (you might have seen a notification for it since it had to be a live send, not a test) and I was able to replicate it as well on my end. 

Taking a look at the Design tab, the body text is set to 14pt which is the size of the link text in the live send. Even if the text is changed under the block, some of the text properties can be carried over from Design. I would recommend changing the font size to 18 under Design and see if this fixes the issue, testing with a live send to your own address.

--

Caitlin M.
Community Manager
CDPHE-EJ
Rookie
0 Votes

Caitlin, 

Thank you so much for the quick reply and looking into the issue for us! I had no idea that the design tab would impact that.  I really appreciate your assistance, and have adjusted the design tab to use the correct font size in the body of the email.

Joel

Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST