For the pre-built segment, what is the criteria for “most engaged”

YanK60
Campaign Collaborator
0 Votes

I saw under segment, there are some pre-built segments. Does anyone know what is the criteria for "most engaged"?  Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
William_A
Administrator

Hello @YanK60 ,

The algorithms used to determine engagement levels work on a number of elements, open rate being the starting point, and also incorporating elements like clicks, frequency of opens, etc.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
YanK60
Campaign Collaborator
0 Votes

Can you be a little bit more detail? Like how many times or percentage of open/open rates or how many clicks will be counted as most engaged? Thank you

William_A
Administrator

Not really since the algorithm adjusts for the frequency of your sends as well. "High engagement" can differ greatly between someone that sends 1 email a month versus someone that sends 1 or more emails a day, how many links are included in those emails, and a lot of other factors.

William A
YanK60
Campaign Collaborator
0 Votes

Thank you very much for your answer

MarilynM035
Rookie
0 Votes

YanK60 thanks for asking. I have the same question. 

William, I am designing and composing a winback email with survey. I need to decide whether or not to include "somewhat engaged" in distribution. What do you suggest?

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

I would say yes, if your goal is to get them more involved with your content, or to interest them in purchasing / donating. 

William A
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Apr 23
Community Conversations: SMS Marketing - Activate, Regulate, Communicate!
2PM - 3:00 PM EST