Formatting Issue - First line of text outdented in Outlook

FirstNameL01754
Rookie
0 Votes

Good afternoon,

I'm hoping someone can help me with some formatting issues I'm having when my email appears in Outlook. 

The first line of every text paragraph is outdented about three characters. Also, when an image is beside a text box, the image is also shifted to the left and often gets partially cut off. 

These issues do not appear when using a mobile device to view the email through outlook, only desktop.

I originally thought this perhaps was a Constant Contact/Outlook common issue, but I have not found anyone else share of this problem and I receive emails from other organizations that use CC and those emails do not have the outdent issue. I've also tried starting from scratch with my newsletter to see if it was from copying prior emails, but I get the same issue no matter what. 

Thank you!

3 REPLIES 3
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @FirstNameL01754 ,

It looks like you recently reached out to our chat support for this issue. If your IT team is unable to find any settings or other elements in your version of 365 that'd be causing the issues you described and screencapped, please let us know, and we'll see if there's any other troubleshooting we can do from our end.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
TimM6559
Rookie
0 Votes

William D, 

Will you please describe what the solution was to this issue? I'm running into the same thing, so I'm sure others are as well. Thanks!

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hi @TimM6559 ,

If you're using Office 365, these were suggested by the chat agent:

• Try clicking File -> Options -> Mail -> Message format and uncheck the option "Reduce message size by removing format information not necessary to display the message" -> Restart Outlook and send a new test email
  • File > Options > Mail > Reading Pane and disable "turn on automatic full-screen reading in portrait orientation"
  • This article from Microsoft that may assist in troubleshooting

However in the OP's case, the issue might have been something dealing with their internal network settings. If you have an IT team you can work with, it may be worth asking them for assistance resolving the indentation issue.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST