Formatting issue - email does not look like preview.

SOLVED
Highlighted
Occasional Participant

Re: The social media preset makes a messy layout

Using Outlook 2013

Highlighted

Re: The social media preset makes a messy layout

HI @osbornegracegallery

Thanks for clarifying. We're aware of this in Outlook 2013 and working to get this resolved. The trick for the moment is to delete the block and add links manually instead.

I'm sorry for the frustration this has caused and appreciate your patience, Would you like me to leave your case open to have you notified when this is resolved?

Thanks,

Hannah M.
Community and Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!
Occasional Advisor

Outlook email header not displaying properly

Is anyone having a problem with the From line of their emails displaying this text after being sent out? Some of mine today did and some didn't. Can't figure out anything that changed on my end.

=?ANSI_X3.4-1968?Q?PdMA=3F_Corporation?= [lou@www-pdma.ccsend.com] on behalf of; =?ANSI_X3.4-1968?Q?PdMA=3F_Corporation?= []

In the past this is what has appeared.

PdMA Corporation [mailto:lou@www-pdma.ccsend.com] On Behalf Of PdMA Corporation

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Outlook email header not displaying properly

Sounds like a bug. 

Highlighted

Hi @LouM

Can you verify the name of the email and what email client this is happening in?

Thanks!

Hannah M.

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution

Highlighted
Occasional Advisor

I would prefer not to make individual names and email addresses public, but will provide them if you contact me privately. Our distribution list has almost 21,000 names and not all received the strange header. It will be difficult to provide them all, however I have some names because they bounced back to me as "Out of office." The test email that I send to myself and our IT person had the strange header. Our distribution list name is General Interest (All Subscribers - MTT, etc.)

Highlighted

Hi @LouM

Sorry if that was unclear, the name of the email in your account is what I'm looking for! Are you able to see this in Outlook or another email client? I would just like to take a look at the same scenario you've replicated.

Thanks,

Hannah M.

Highlighted
Occasional Advisor

I think I need to have a second cup of coffee because I'm still not sure what you want. However, the name of the email blast is 9-14-15 TOW. We send one out every Tuesday with a different name and have not had a problem in the past. The previous name was 9-7-15 TOW if you need to compare anything.

Highlighted

No worries, that's exactly what I was looking for. Go get that cup of coffee and I'll take a look! 

Thanks,

Hannah M.

Highlighted

HI @LouM

I did some digging and it looks like this is being caused by the character in your from name. We're working on a resolution to this but the trick for now will be to take the character out. Would you like me to leave your case open to have you notified when this is resolved?

2015-09-16_9-15-03.jpg

Hannah M.