Formatting issue - email does not look like preview.

SOLVED
Highlighted
Occasional Advisor

Re: Dear Constant Contact: Before you make any more upgrades, please fix your formatting!

By the way, I don't copy and paste text. I type into the block directly, and go into the html to edit when needed.

Highlighted
Occasional Advisor

Re: Dear Constant Contact: Before you make any more upgrades, please fix your formatting!

Jarrad,

I tried clearing styles in a block, and I still have the highlighting problem. I can highlight a few words (sometimes) and only those word stay highlighted, but if I highting a couple sentences or paragraphs then the entire page block highlights.

BTW, I'm using Firefox 11.0

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Hi Steve,

The problem has to do with a stacked variable tag in your code. This can happen when editing the text around the greeting. We corrected this in the T2copy email in your account. We had to go into the HTML and remove the additional <var> and </var> then reset the stylesheet. 

I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

I hope this helps,

Jarrad

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!
Highlighted
Occasional Advisor

Thanks, that solved the problem - accepted solution!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

That's great!

Jarrad

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!
Highlighted

Can you please check my account as well? I usually copy an old newsletter and insert my new text, but I cannot highlight the text and delete it. I've cross-referenced this with IE, outlook, word and I can still highlight and delete text with those programs just not CC.

However, I did open a new newsletter and tried to replace the sample text, and I cannot as well.

Ideas?

my email is douglashartnc@consolidated.net

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Jennifer,

I'm sorry to hear this is happening. When you say you started a new newsletter, did you select a brand new template or just make another copy? Have you tried adding new blocks in your copied email?

Highlighted

I tried both a copy newsletter and a new template as I mentioned in my email. Yes, I tried creating new blocks, but still cannot copy and paste. I replied to a discussion thread because the person seemed to be having the same problem I was having.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Thanks Jennifer!

I did a little research and this is happening if you are using Internet Explorer version 11.  If you are using that browser, we recommend using a different browser, like Chrome or Firefox, for right now while we work on that. . I apologize for any inconvenience.

Please let me know if you are using IE 11 and I will create a case within your account for you. I did try highlighting using Chrome in your account and that did work for me.

Thanks in advance!

Highlighted
Occasional Participant

I have to agree with all of the other posts.  I have been using CC for quite some time and the formatting is horrible!  The spacing issue is ridiculous and aggravating!    As a matter of fact, I just send an e-mail out today and there is text missing.   The preview version was fine, however the final version that went out was missing words.    

In addition to the formatting; I've had problems with gaining access to my account, getting in touch with CS or trying to weed through the User Discussion / Community Forum.  It has been a struggle using this program; but as least I've found I'm not alone!

I hope CC looks to fix the formatting or it seems a lot of people will go to their competitors.

Register for our "Making Sense of Online Marketing for Retail" Webinar

Join us on Thursday, August 13th at 2pm ET for a free webinar where we'll discuss how to incorporate online marketing into your retail store.

Read More
Featured