Formatting issues in mobile - not visible in editor

SOLVED
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Formatting issues in mobile - not visible in editor

Hello!

I've been dealing with a problem for a few months now and thought I found a solution but it is still occurring... 

I set font sizes and colors to be consistent throughout my organization's newsletter, but the sizes vary widely in the mobile display. I thought I was carrying over some hidden formatting by cutting/pasting articles, so I began cutting/pasting in plain text in a Word doc, then pasting that--also in plain text--into the template with the same outcome. Nothing appears different in editor view or on other devices so I can't find the root of the problem to fix it. 

Our newsletter is a monthly digest of over approximately 50 pieces of content, so typing everything in the editor is not a feasible solution. Any ideas? 

Tags (3)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Formatting issues in mobile - not visible in editor

Hi @EmilyS5911 

I apologize you're having this experience with your text! You are correct, copying and pasting from outside sources can sometimes carrying over problematic formatting. In fact I was able to replicate this same experience you are describing. This change in font formatting is something we are still troubleshooting. Because of this, we would like to know which mobile device are you using? Also what is the email client you are using as well (default mail app, Gmail, etc.)?

As a workaround  we suggest clicking and dragging a new text block from the Build Tab of your campaign. Once you have added this new block, you then copy and past the effected text into this block instead. Doing this allows the text to remain the default size. You can see this change in the Support Copy of the most recent campaign in your account.

Frankie.P
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted

Hi @EmilyS5911 

I apologize you're having this experience with your text! You are correct, copying and pasting from outside sources can sometimes carrying over problematic formatting. In fact I was able to replicate this same experience you are describing. This change in font formatting is something we are still troubleshooting. Because of this, we would like to know which mobile device are you using? Also what is the email client you are using as well (default mail app, Gmail, etc.)?

As a workaround  we suggest clicking and dragging a new text block from the Build Tab of your campaign. Once you have added this new block, you then copy and past the effected text into this block instead. Doing this allows the text to remain the default size. You can see this change in the Support Copy of the most recent campaign in your account.

Frankie.P

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for your reply, Frankie. We seem to have the issue primarily on iPhones, in our default Outlook email. On Android devices, the newsletter appears exactly as it does on a desktop - not in the stacked, mobile view. 

Tags (2)
Highlighted

Hi @EmilyS5911 

You're very welcome! I'm glad we could help give some insight on this experience. I have also added these details you've shared to the ticket we have created in your account. Please let us know if there is anything else we can assist with in the meantime.

Frankie.P

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

This exact same issue is still happening in our new email campaign editors. So, I basically have to create an email - Make all of my edits, and reach a final version -- Then, start over from scratch building out all text boxes again to avoid this font size formatting glitch. Very frustrating.

Highlighted

Hi @imgre 

I apologize for any inconvenience our workaround of copying/pasting your text into a new text block may be causing! We recognize this is not a solution, but rather a workaround we work in the meantime. However as a clarification, are you also seeing your font size change when viewing your email on an iPhone or seeing your blocks not stack? Both of these experiences were mentioned in this thread. I want to make sure we're sharing the best information with you possible.

Frankie.P

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

The font sizes vary randomly in Preview/mobile view only. The fonts appear incorrectly both in Constant Contact's Preview/mobile view, and also a test draft sent to gmail (viewed on iPhone). The font sizes in Preview/Desktop, and test draft sent to Desktop, appear correctly.

On the main campaign editor page, the font sizes and formatting you've set appear to be correct. We have not experienced issues with incorrect stacking in mobile preview.

Just as the original contributor to this thread stated, we too are copying (not cutting) and pasting from an outside document in plain text (I'm on a Mac/TextEdit; the original contributor was pasting plain text from Word). Our newsletter contains several sections and "typing from scratch" directly into the text fields is not feasible. I first reported this issue to Constant Contact support on March 13, 2020 but they did not have a solution.

Highlighted

Hi @imgre 

Thank you for clarifying your experience for us. Your font size changing on mobile devices is a defect our support is continuing to look into. Are you still seeing the font change after trying the workaround previously mentioned in this thread? We recognize adding your affected text into a brand new text block it is not a solution to this, but it is something we suggest in the meantime. Because this is not an experience all users are having with all of the text blocks we have to troubleshoot on a case by case basis. There are however many factors that are used to decide what is added to or updated in our product which can cause us to sometimes not have a timeline for when a feature will be available. Though this may be the case, we have added you to our queue to be notified when this is resolved.

Frankie.P

Constant Contact Would Like To Hear From You!

We want to hear from customers like you about your favorite features and how they have helped your business or organization. Tell us by answering a few questions in...

Read More
Featured