Forwarding Outside Emails

Occasional Participant

Forwarding Outside Emails

We are a Fraternal service organization.  Our emails only go to members who have agreed to receive our emails.

Is there an easy way to forward an email of interest received from one member to our entire community?  Sometimes, copying and pasting is not the answer.

3 REPLIES 3

Hi @JamesG755 

Are you looking to forward an email you've received in your personal email client through Constant Contact? If so, I apologize this is not an available feature. While you can continue to copy and paste your text, you also have the option of creating a screenshot of this email and insert this image into a campaign in your account.

Frankie.P
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Occasional Participant

Thank you for your response.  While your solution appears like it would work, it is not very different from what I am doing now.

I was hoping that there was a more simple "forward" solution available.

We are in a different situation then most of your users, as we are not a retail outlet but rather a fraternal organization of active and retired police officers using Constant Contact to keep our members informed and up-to-date with our local, statewide and national communities  We often receive emails from other similar groups that would be of interest to our members.  Simply being able to forward those emails to our Constant Contact email lists would be so much easier.

With the solution you propose, I find copy/paste function to be problematic as well, often loosing font, style, and spacing that exists in the original email - am I doing something wrong here?

Jim G

Hello @JamesG755,

You are doing everything correct with copying and pasting your text, but I do have to mention that copying and pasting causes formatting issues. The best option to avoid having formatting issues is to first copy and paste your text into notepad, then copy and paste your text from notepad into Constant Contact. That will cause your formatting to be gone from the original source, but it will allow your text to not have any issues when sending. Thanks! 

Zoe H.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.