GDPR Template

Regular Participant

GDPR Template

Hi

I've used the CC GDPR template to communicate with our database.

I can see the opens but there are no clicks at all. I sent this to our own workforce as well as customers and know that people have clicked, including myself, however this is showing as 0% clicks. 

Does anyone know what's going on? The mail was sent Thursday 26 April.

Thanks.

38 REPLIES 38

Hello @PeterS01,

Thank you for bringing your concern to the community!  I'm afraid that currently it's not possible to change the color or text formatting of that button.  I believe that in part it's to ensure that the text is not changed in a way that could make it more ambiguous, and to ensure that it meets with the communication requirements.  You're absolutely right that having other languages is obviously a necessity for many users, so we've added the option to replace that button with a similar one in other languages.  You can see an example of that in step 6 of this walk-through.

Aaron_H
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Regular Participant

Is the"About Our Service Provider" text https://www.constantcontact.com/legal/service-provider available in German? We need it to fulfil the German data protection rights. We would appreciate if it's possible to update it for our German speaking customers.

Hi @PeterS01,

Thank you for your reaching out to us through the Community. At this time, the About Our Service Provider is not available in German, but it is possible for you to translate if you wish to do so. I suggest also to have a lawyer review About Our Service Provider if you have any additional questions. I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Let us know if you need assistance with anything else.

Lucas_D

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media.  Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing
Frequent Participant

Hi - this is for people who've been wondering how to find out who's responded to confirm consent.

It's a bit tedious, but as I said in my other post, you can see who has confirmed by downloading your active contacts. Go to contacts, click Active, click the top checkbox above the list of contacts to include all, then click export on the bar immediately above. It gives a list with checkboxes for the info you want included - make sure the advanced bit with confirmed opt-ins is checked. It may take a while to download depending on the size of your in which case, go to Activity where you can monitor progress and you can click to download csv or excel from there. Hope that helps: there doesn't seem to be an easier way!

Hi @JamesG142,

Thanks for reaching out about this! That is correct in that you can export your Active contacts and include "Date of confirmed opt-in" and "Email Permission Status" as two of the fields. However, please know that while this may give some insight we cannot guarantee that all of the data within the export would be solely from the GDPR email template. We do apologize for any inconvenience this is causing, and this is definitely being tracked as a feature request.

Nichelle M

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.

Thanks for clarifying. I realise this, but it's all we have to go on. 

Occasional Participant

In case not everyone has seen, you can go into Settings and switch on Enable Advanced Email Permissions. Whilst this doesn't tell you which email people have responded to, it does allow you to view and extract those with Express Permission. We found that if images are blocked on email delivery and the recipient chooses not to download them, they won't be included on the Open report, even if they've opted in. Which meant we emailed them a follow up - not great! 

This is absolutely rediculous. It is a serious serious problem for businesses if your GDPR email isnt working. This is one of the biggest data protection changes to come about and now we have no way to track responses to the emails but yet we can tell who clicked on facebook. Constant Contact should not have provided a template which doesn't work. 

Sarah - I agree! I'm seriously rethinking our use of ConstantContact and may switch to another program that has a better handle on the requirements of the new regulations.

Patty

Hi @AmyBerger,

We apologize for any frustration. Please let us know if there's anything in particular regarding GDPR that we can assist you with. Also, our blog post does contain more specific details about what Constant Contact is doing to comply.

Nichelle M

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Participant

I have this problem too. How do I find and then collate the information to show me who has clicked to 'keep receiving emails?

Hi @PeterR632,

Thank you for reaching out to us through the Community. To find and collect the information for who has clicked to keep receiving emails, click on the Reporting tab located at the top of the screen. Then, scroll down to the GDPR template and click on the Click Through Rate number. To the top right of that column section, you will see the Display option. Make sure to set it to Contacts. Then, to the top right of that screen you will see Export. Once you export the data, you will see in the file which contacts have given expressed permission. For more information on exporting click rates, please click here. Let us know if you need assistance with anything else. 

Lucas_D

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media.  Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing
Participant

Where can I check that my GDPR link (subscribing) is working and where can I retrieve the information of those who have subscribed? 

Hi @First-NameL1885

That's a great question. I can definitely understand how helpful it would be to track the clicks for your GDPR Confirmation.  At this time there is no reporting other than through your contact's permission status. As a work around we suggest exporting Express Permission contacts with the "Updated At" column. This export will help give some insight to the customer, however all clicks may not be from the GDPR template, or from the same time frame. I apologize for any inconvenience caused by this feature not being available and have tracked this feature request in your account as well.

Frankie.P

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Regular Participant

I would like to add the exact text from block that is in the GDPR template (see below) into my newsletter to make sure everyone who receives my newsletter gets a final chance to give me "express" consent. Is there a way to add that block to an existing newsletter?

thanks!

Screen Shot 2018-05-22 at 6.20.45 AM.png

Hi @WIEGOW

Thank you for reaching out to our Community about your GDPR template! I can definitely understand how helpful it would be to insert an action block like this into your emails. I apologize this is not feature that is available. I have submitted your feedback on this in your account in the meantime as changes are still being made to help keep accordance with GDPR. More information on these changes and updates can be found here.

Frankie.P

Participant

Template privacy notice and statements. On this page you will find various template documents to help you prepare for GDPR together with links to notes.

Hi @user51666

We're happy to hear information in this thread has been helpful for you! Please let us know if you have any questions as you're working in your account. 

Frankie.P