General Question

SOLVED
Highlighted
Occasional Visitor

General Question

Greetings,

Just wondering if anyone has an answer. I need to add more than one birthday to a contact; does anyone know how to do this?  I've added an additional custom field to some contacts but I worry that they will not be flagged as a birthdays thus not recognized by the automated birthday email that goes out.

Tags (2)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: General Question

Hi @ScottW991,

The automated birthday email only recognizes the Birthday field on a Contact. It would not distinguish a custom field as such. At this time there isn't really a workaround, except for manually creating a birthday email, inserting the custom field, and sending it to the same email address on the different birthday. I'm assuming these contacts have two birthdays because the email address is shared by two people?

I'll submit some feedback to our developers. Generally, one contact is considered one person, but I'll let them know there's interest in having contacts be able to have multiples of certain fields, like Birthdays. 

Nick S.
Social Media & Content Manager

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: General Question

Hi @ScottW991,

The automated birthday email only recognizes the Birthday field on a Contact. It would not distinguish a custom field as such. At this time there isn't really a workaround, except for manually creating a birthday email, inserting the custom field, and sending it to the same email address on the different birthday. I'm assuming these contacts have two birthdays because the email address is shared by two people?

I'll submit some feedback to our developers. Generally, one contact is considered one person, but I'll let them know there's interest in having contacts be able to have multiples of certain fields, like Birthdays. 

Nick S.
Social Media & Content Manager

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.

View solution in original post

Constant Contact Would Like To Hear From You!

We want to hear from customers like you about your favorite features and how they have helped your business or organization. Tell us by answering a few questions in...

Read More
Featured