Gmail problem

SuzanneM665
Occasional Participant

Gmail problem

This is what happens when my newsletter goes to gmail accounts - does this happen with everyone?? How can this be fixed?constant contact email problem.jpg

3 REPLIES 3
Zoe_H
Employee

Hello @SuzanneM665,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and providing us with this screenshot! This is a message that we are currently doing research on to see if we can work with Gmail to get it removed. Can you please reply with the answers to these questions for further troubleshooting? 

- How long have you been seeing this issue?
- Have you tried clicking "Looks safe"?
- Did clicking "Looks safe" work?
- Did subsequent messages have the same warning? Thanks! 

Zoe H.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
SuzanneM665
Occasional Participant

This has been happening for a year. If I click, "Looks Safe," the banner goes away so I can read the email. I have done so every time I've sent out an email, and this happens every time.
This is really upsetting! Reflects poorly.

Hi @SuzanneM665. We've seen in the past this banner will appear if the From address is the same or similar to the To address. Gmail sees this as spoofing and provides a warning message as seen in the screenshot. This appears to be an issue with Gmail only when sending to yourself or another address with the same private domain so other contacts who receive this email generally do not see the same warning. If other contacts report seeing this message and they do not have the same domain as you, please let us know. 

Caitlin M.
Community Manager
Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.