Gmail replaces my CC circular emojis with their blob emoji - any fix?

UAAdvancement
Participant

Gmail replaces my CC circular emojis with their blob emoji - any fix?

Hi all - 

I am crafting an email with three emojis, and when I send a test and view it in email, one of the emojis is changed from the circular version to the google "blob version." You'll see the discrepancy here - even though both emojis were inserted as the circular version, Gmail changed the first one only to the blob:

Capture.JPG

Does anyone know how to prevent this inconsistency?

Gillian

1 REPLY 1
Kara_D
Employee

Hi UAAdvancement!

Thanks for reaching out to the Community! It looks like this issue is depends on how each device/OS views emojis. Emojis aren't actually images, they're coded so they show up differently depending on how they're opened (in an email, text message etc.) According to emojipedia "The appearance of each emoji varies by platform, as the artwork is specific to which fonts are included on the system."

I know this doesn't actually explain why only one emoji is changing. All I can say about that is, unfortunately we don't have control over how they render, as it seems to be device specific.  

Kara.D
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.